Maximum lean angle

MikesHardware

Never Forgotten
How far can a busa lean before it scrapes something? Anybody know? And, what can be done to get more lean?

I was wondering because today while farting around in some twisties up in the hills and testing myself I found myself scraping parts (mostly my left toe) and was wondering if there wasn't some kits for moving the swifter back and/or up as well as the brake.

High mount pipes would help. Taking off the peg feelers helps too. Increasing the dampening (SP) to the highest is another option. As for the max lean angle, I dunno. I'll gt out my mega protractor and check if you like.
laugh.gif

My guess would be about 65 degrees?

Im gonna take your lead. Im gonna get me and a buddy and lean it with him on one side and me on the other and measure it with a level i have.

scraping toe? how did u have ur feet positioned on the pegs? next time u ride the twisites think of where ur feet are.. ive seen a lot of riders with the peg at mid foot.. and when they corner their toe is matter of an inch or 2 from scraping.. NOT GOOD.. if ur toe catches somethin ur gonna break ur foot or worse. i would think u would scrape peg b4 u scrape toe.

Yep, keep them piggies on the pegs, on the balls of your feet.
I didn't once and hit a Bot's dot with me toe, didn't hurt but kinda gets your attention.

I always keep forgettin to ride on my toes through the twisties but then in the land of many straights ya kinda get excited to see twisties i've scrapped my toes alot and my boots show it granted it is alost a bit of pre warning i have never gotten hurt. yet anyways
wink.gif

On the track, I scraped both peg feelers and also the fairing bulge on the right side. That was on street Dialbos with a 180 at the rear, and 32 PSI front and rear. I think a 190 would give a tiny bit more clearance. I don't think I was close to scraping any other parts. Best to learn to hike your tush off the side and drag a knee - keeping the big bike a lil more upright, and it's a lot of fun!
smile.gif

Yeah keep your TOES on pegs not your arches - you don't need to shift while cornering

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093265696 -->

I think I was hanging my toe down a little too far.. but im still looking into a system where I can have two shifters and two brakes then mount a little higher or something...

Havent did the lean trick yet. Ill post here later when my bud gets back from vacation.

<!--EDIT|MikesHardware
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093286440 -->

You can get new rearsets that will move everything up and back or some adjustable ones so you can set them to your liking.

for track riding, I had adjusted my shifter up about an inch so I still had some clearance with my foot under it.

rear brake? what's a rear brake? Just keep right toes on peg. forget the rear break

If your down low enough for you peg feelers to scrape, you should already have your knee ready to touch down. Gives more feel for how low you really are. I personally hated the sound of the feelers scraping and always had that thought in the back of my head, if those things dig in how much trouble is that gonna cause?

I agree with both Vincent and grabntwist actually... if you are a skilled enough rider and are touching the peg feelers down, it's time to take them off and get some pucks on your knee.  If your not, leave them on, they are a good early warning device.

<!--EDIT|epicrisis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093364618 -->

here is a low angle.
you are scraping your toes cause you need to bring them in. dont just rid on your tip toes but bring them in on the pegs.
you should be scraping pegs before toes and then if that happens you need to hang off the bike alot more. always hang off the busa as much as possible. less lean on the bike and more on you.

Picture_242.jpg

..feelers are great for starters - but a lot of harassement on track.. ..after I changed mufflers with ovals, feelers are the first thing that finds on the "virage" (curbs) and gives me the creeps.. ..I will be moving to adjustable footpegs soon (can't handle the high position for touring & everyday use..)

Back