LighTech nuts and bolts

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Does anybody have exp with any of this companies products ?
Does anyone know if the bolt kit for a Gen I will fit a Gen II.
I am looking at the engine kit to get black bolts but I wonder if the outside cases and bolts used between the two are so diff it will not work on Gen II ?
Does anybody know ?

Does anybody know if a chain adjuster for a GSXR1000 will work on a GenII Busa because I like the ones they make ?

Brands - LighTech - OPPRACING

Products - Suzuki Hayabusa 1999-2007 - OPPRACING

At one time I was interested in their mirrors. Def a unique look, but later decided a bit to radical for my taste. The complete bolt & nut kit could be a subtle nice way to add some color. Unsure if the GenI kit will fit the GenII though. Somehow I doubt it. :dunno:

I just want black bolts for the engine and other things.
One thing Kawi got right.bolts match the cases...Oooh sorry did I say the K word...
I dont understand why my engine is black but all the bolts in it are silver colored ?

I just want black bolts for the engine and other things.
One thing Kawi got right.bolts match the cases...Oooh sorry did I say the K word...
I dont understand why my engine is black but all the bolts in it are silver colored ?

You could always look into getting them powder coated as well. Probably end up being cheaper and you don't even have to worry about if LightTech makes a kit for the GenII or not.
Just a thought.

The hammered paint you can buy in the aerosol can might hold up too - or hi-temp engine paint. Cheaper method - bolts shouldn't get scraped anyway so the paint should hold up long term and look good! :thumbsup:

I get all of my aftermarket bolts from Pro-Bolt. They now have a USA distrbuter on the west coast. I've always been very satisified with their quality and have had great experiences with them as a consumer. The other company I use is Poggipolini but they're in Italy which makes it a bit more painful working with them.

[url=http://www.tastynuts.com]Home - Pro-Bolt - Titanium, Stainless Steel, Aluminium Fasteners & Motorcycle Accessories[/url]

POGGIPOLINI GROUP

Nice site ComuttaB! Very well put together :thumbsup: I'm liking some of their kits.

Saiid...looks like the blue bolt kit they offer would look sick on Blanca! Take a peek, Engine Bolt Kit - Side Casings - Allen Key - Pro-Bolt USA Hardware - Titanium, Stainless Steel, Aluminum Fasteners for Metric Motorcycles & Harley-Davidson

*thinking this thread may belong in the General Bike Related section* :whistle:

This is just an update to the thread I started.
I want to thank Commuta_Busa for the link as I did wind up going with Pro-Bolt.
While they had all kinds of 'kits' for the Busa in the end I decided just to go with the bolts that are visible. I saw no point in buying bolt that will be covered up all the time.
So in my contiunuing effort to get as much black below the midline on my bike I ordered bolts to replace the visible ones on the right side engine case as well as stator cover bolts.
Also got three bolts for main sprocket cover. I got some black sprocket nuts as well. Black chain adjuster blocks are on the way.
These items are extremely well made and very reasonably priced. About a buck a piece. Sprocket nuts were 20 bucks as well.
I think it made a big diff in the way the bike looks. Just one of those small things but I still dont understand putting white bolts on a black engine ?

Call them up and ask for David . He was a very nice person and put together a custom 'kit' for me.

:thumbsup:

Probolts 011.JPG

Probolts 003.JPG

Probolts 019.JPG

Probolts 004.JPG

Probolts 013.JPG

Probolts 007.JPG

Probolts 016.JPG

Last edited:
looks good :beerchug: glad you were happy with pro-bolt. I've been using them for years and they are on my list of the few companies that have always satisified my needs. :thumbsup:

To follow your black out theme have you thought about getting the dog bones and pivot powder coated black?

looks nice. oppracing has some sexy cf bodywork for us gen 1 guys tho.

I sent my nuts and bolts to Top Gun Coatings in Calgary, Alberta to get them coated black. They use a dry film that is thin enough that you can still get the nuts on the bolts but it is fairly durable.

100_1121A.jpg

To follow your black out theme have you thought about getting the dog bones and pivot powder coated black?

Huh ?
In English for us pleze !

VFRcanada that is a beautiful bike. Great blackout work !

Last edited:
Thanks Big Guy .Altogether along with a titanium magnetic drain bolt was about 80 bucks .
The bolts are high quality and have a good finish on them as well.

I see......mmmmm I have to take a look see.
Did'nt think you folks were checking out Blanca's toes......:rofl:

Yes it would look good.
I'll look in the serv man and see the diff involved in removing those...???

Thanks !

Back