Clutch line Banjo Bolts

bigoltool

Registered
A while back I started on a brake upgrade project that started with just getting everything bled to my satisfaction. So I bought Speed Bleeders and also added a Gold Anodized Lightech Double Banjo Bleeder bolt at the MC to ensure I was getting all that pesky air out of the lines, plus a couple of matching single (non-bleeder) banjo bolts at the calipers. Might as well make it look cool while I am at it!

That was about a month ago. Now I am into phase 2 of my brake upgrade and am now adding Brembo Calipers to my bike. The oh so sexy M10 X 1.25 (coarse thread) single banjo bolts I had previously installed, I knew would not work with the Brembo’s so I ordered up a couple of matching M10 X 1.00 (fine thread ) Lightech banjo bolts for those. I figured what the heck I will just take the two coarse ones and put them on the clutch line and sex it up little in the process! But then I drain the Clutch master and Slave and go to install the new banjo Bolt on the Clutch Slave Cylinder only to find out that Suzuki chose to use a Fine thread Banjo there! The one on the Clutch MC is of course M10 x 1.25 thread so I can use that one but why in the world mix them? Anybody ever run across this one?:banghead:

Back