Speigler front and rear brake line kit

cobravenom39

Registered
That's what I thought, too.  

I bought it from Motomummy, and they said that all the brake line kits are dual setups, meaning that it has one line running to each caliper.  So I'm running a double banjo bolt from the master down to two single banjos on each front caliper.  I Have an extra double banjo bolt.  I'm like WTF??  What is it for.  I also have 4 extra crush washers, too??  I'm hoping they're just extras, but who knows.  Off the master I ran washer, banjo, washer, banjo, washer--is that right??

They do fit nice, though.  

I also ran some medium grit sandpaper over the rotors, which is what I thought your supposed to do.  They feel smooth to the touch, but I can see the sandpaper lines on them.  Is that right???

Jeez, I'm having a tough time with maintenance.  The bleeding of the brakes and everything else went swimmingly.

You did it right with the brake lines. There is usually extra washers with most line kits. The extra banjo, well merry Christmas.

I just installed Spiegler front lines too!

Cost me about a buck forty TMD and I got extra nothing! I think the double banjo bolt was like $6 so no extra there.

Not real impressed with the rotatable banjos (the plastic vice block thingys perished prior to biting hard enough for me to rotate anything)...

Those lines and EBC pads make for some SERIOUS bite though!!!

I would have to say that installing the Speiglers and EBC HH pads have been the most profound change in handling characteristics I have made to the bike since I have had it, HUGE difference!

Extra banjo might be from an earlier busa model with different threads. The Speigler guy asked me the year of my bike for that reason. If it is the same thread, it is a mispackaging.

Extra banjo might be from an earlier busa model with different threads. The Speigler guy asked me the year of my bike for that reason. If it is the same thread, it is a mispackaging.
Cool I guess I picked the right one then, because I just picked up the first one and shoved it into the master cylinder.

Sorry I took so long responding to the thread and PM sir!

I installed mine thusly:

Waring, my pics SU**!!

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

A view from the bottom

Yep...
Now they are one of my sponsors!

I hope these crappy pics help you some.
If not, there are tons of hyper nice / informative people on this board. Just post up and you'll be amazed at the support you'll get!

Later!

YH2K coming through in a pinch and pullin' the cover off the busa for lil ol me!!!

Thanks dude

exactly what I needed!!!

Back