Banjo bolt

Noon

Donating Member
Registered
I lost the banjo bolt , could someone please tell me what size it is ? And where I could order a new one from ?

F6AB47F7-83F4-4116-96BF-43F8884F6C57.jpeg

So I got the banjo bolt , a 10x 1.25
It fits but I get it started and it seems like it doesn’t want to go all the way in ? Like it maybe too long ? I think I could probably crank it down all the way but just seems like it should be easier to tighten than it is ?
That’s how much space is left after it’s snug

89310ED7-C417-457F-BAE7-46812A95CE77.jpeg

Ahh I was thinking it might be . Should I order a 10x 1.0 ? Or what size you think will work ?

I am not sure what length the rear gen1 caliper takes, but it needs to be correct, not guessed at.
Unless a member here can confirm the length, or has a spare, then I would order a new one from the oem parts section at

www.partzilla.com
or
www.motosport.com

Ahh I was thinking it might be . Should I order a 10x 1.0 ? Or what size you think will work ?
The m10x1.25 is the thread diameter and the pitch so an m10x1.0 would actually be a different thread pitch and not thread in. It maybe possible to find a shorter one somewhere local or if your confident in song or it can be cut down to fit otherwise like Sixpack said just order an oem one

If I knew the exact length I may even have one to give you.
I've done so many brake lines that I eventually started throwing the old line bolts away, but I still have
If you have a vice, a hacksaw, and a small file, with a little effort you can cut that one shorter.
I’m gonna try and cut it I suppose . I don’t have a vise tho. I might just go to my grandpas tho I know he’s got one I could use.
Should I not attempt without a vise ?

Thread a die onto it before you cut it. Cut it and then back the die off to fix the threads. You can use a triangle file but die is better.

I wouldn't cut it until I exhausted all possible ways to get the right one.

Thread a die onto it before you cut it. Cut it and then back the die off to fix the threads. You can use a triangle file but die is better.

I wouldn't cut it until I exhausted all possible ways to get the right one.
I was just typing about finding a nut that fits before cutting so when taking the nut off it will help straighten the threads...

You would have to have a really thin die....

I also agree, OEM is best...the tip of the threads is chambered slightly if memory serves....

The m10x1.25 is the thread diameter and the pitch so an m10x1.0 would actually be a different thread pitch and not thread in. It maybe possible to find a shorter one somewhere local or if your confident in song or it can be cut down to fit otherwise like Sixpack said just order an oem one
Glad I seen this I ordered a 10x1 just now ,, gonna go ahead and cancel that xD

Ok I’m gonna order the oem one from revzilla befor I try to cut this. Will let you know my progress in a few days or whenever I receive the bolt . Thank you all

Back