LighTech nuts and bolts

Update:

Finally got chain adjuster blocks which were on back order and the blue tank bolts.
Reason I got adj blocks is one of the ones on my bike when you tightened the chain tension bolt the block would tilt up at an angle. It did not fit the channel well. No real biggie but a good reason to get some black anodized ones. They were approx 30 bucks and the tank bolts were 10 or so. Last two pics are of the links and pivot. My intent was to have both these powder coated but the guy who I use was a little hesitant to PC the pivot. He was worried it could have damaged the bearings inside. No big deal so he charged me 10 bucks to do links and I rattle canned the pivot. I also painted the head of the axle as well axle nut to match. Thanks Commuta_Busa for the tips..

:thumbsup:

Pro-bolt adj blocks 005.JPG

Pro-bolt adj blocks 008.JPG

Pro-bolt adj blocks 004.JPG

Pro-bolt adj blocks 011.JPG

Pro-bolt adj blocks 009.JPG

Pro-bolt adj blocks.JPG

not the many would notice, but the links a pivot blacked out like the rest really adds that little more to it. :beerchug: Looks good :thumbsup:

Now it bothers me that the bottom of the shock is not black....:laugh:
here we go....
Now how do you get that thing off ?

Thanks again for your help and answers via PM....:thumbsup:
:beerchug:

damnit, you're doing all the things i wanna do, but w/o spending $ lol

i'm thinking of painting all the bolt heads, esp the one's that don't come off often like the gas tank lid bolts.

actually i was thinking the circlular part around the gas cap, not the part w/ the key but the outer ring.

how many lower bolts did you end up replacing?

did you change the bolts when you did one of your monthly oil changes? lol , but seriously when you open up those cases, doesn't oil come out?

I changed six bolts on right side of engine on the case.
One at a time. Take one out, put one back in. No leakage.
8 or 9 on the stator cover . Same thing one at a time.

Yes that circle part if you can get it out would look good black.
Since I replace the screws one at a time I dont know if it comes loose when all are out or not ?

Back