Lifting the rear, how high is too high?

hayabuser

Registered
I'm planning on changing to a 190/55 on the rear of my 2005 which will give me a little lift in the back, but I am also considering a set of 25mm lift dogbones for the rear shock linkage as well. Any insights as to whether running the "55" with the 25mm jack-up kit will be too much? The rear tire change is a go regardless, as it made a noticeable difference on my TL1000R, but if the dogbones won't have my falling face-first over the bars, I'd like to do those too.

Thoughts?

I can't imagine it being worse than my old GSX-R750 was. And it was my lower back that complained more than my wrists did. :whistle:

I've run the 1" raising links with a 180/55 and a few turns of my ohlins shock ride height adjuster turned to give me a few more mm of ride height will no ill effect.

My ride height is up there
2308261000102950911S425x425Q85.jpg

Cheers
ken

I've never had both at the same time, but did links on the old bike and a 190/55 on this one. The current bike, I think, handles better than the old one (this bike is also dropped on the forks about 1/8" though).

I say try just the tire first to see how you like it.

Rear ride height depends on what you want/expect from your bike. The general rule of thumb is, as the rear is raised the quicker the bike tips in and the less effort needed to tip the beast in. The negative side is, as the rear is raised the less stable the bike becomes.

I my view, I wouldn't want my bike raised anymore than an inch in the rear. Especially for a street bike.

Rear ride height depends on what you want/expect from your bike. The general rule of thumb is, as the rear is raised the quicker the bike tips in and the less effort needed to tip the beast in. The negative side is, as the rear is raised the less stable the bike becomes.

I my view, I wouldn't want my bike raised anymore than an inch in the rear. Especially for a street bike.

This is what I'm hoping for. :thumbsup:

This is what I'm hoping for. :thumbsup:

Be sure not to ignore the second half of that equasion!

Back