Few springtime mods and questions...

Blkoutbusa

Registered
Getting new tires, cush drive rubbers, 90° valve stems, and potentially some new brake lines among the usual maintenance stuff.

Bike has 200/55 rear. Will I notice much going to a 190/55? I also debated going from a +2 to a +3 rear. Not sure the overall change if any between tires and potential sprocket combo.

Is any brand of 90° valve stems better than another? My tire guy has bikemaster and wasn't sure on their quality etc.

@WuzzaCBXRider had experience with 90° stems if I recall, I think metal was the consensus given the centrifugal forces pulling the rubber ones.
Bike will turn in slightly slower with that tire change, whether or not you notice it only you'll be able to tell.
@pashnit has the good cush drive rubbers I believe, give him a chance to earn your business. He may have brake lines too.

Getting new tires, cush drive rubbers, 90° valve stems, and potentially some new brake lines among the usual maintenance stuff.

Bike has 200/55 rear. Will I notice much going to a 190/55? I also debated going from a +2 to a +3 rear. Not sure the overall change if any between tires and potential sprocket combo.

Is any brand of 90° valve stems better than another? My tire guy has bikemaster and wasn't sure on their quality etc.
Bike master are fine . The 190/55 is going to be shorter than a 200/55 so that will affect gearing . the best way to describe it is a half tooth change out back or around 75 to 100 rpms higher than the 200 series tire . so if your plus 2 now it would be like 2.5 with the 190/55 .
Gearing commander allows you to play with stock , current , and new gearing to see the changes .

Bike master are fine . The 190/55 is going to be shorter than a 200/55 so that will affect gearing . the best way to describe it is a half tooth change out back or around 75 to 100 rpms higher than the 200 series tire . so if your plus 2 now it would be like 2.5 with the 190/55 .
Gearing commander allows you to play with stock , current , and new gearing to see the changes .
Wouldn't a shorter rear tire be like a smaller rear sprocket?

They are OEM . I had red sensi ones , but sold them to John with the stock wheels .
FYI they are very hard to install I made a press tool to do it easier.
Did they seem worth the upgrade? Seems like a small investment. I'm slowly spending money this year. Hoping for a bigger opportunity to dump money into the bike in 2021.

Did they seem worth the upgrade? Seems like a small investment. I'm slowly spending money this year. Hoping for a bigger opportunity to dump money into the bike in 2021.
I honestly did not notice a real change other than the now pain in the butt to put cush drive back on after a tire replacement . If was to do it again it would be stock units . However remember I a little guy on a light bird so maybe bigger members on more of a stock weight bird might notice a change .

@WuzzaCBXRider had experience with 90° stems if I recall, I think metal was the consensus given the centrifugal forces pulling the rubber ones.
Bike will turn in slightly slower with that tire change, whether or not you notice it only you'll be able to tell.
@pashnit has the good cush drive rubbers I believe, give him a chance to earn your business. He may have brake lines too.

There are two sizes for angled stems. 11.3 and 8.? You’ll want the larger ones. I bought MMG aluminum stems for my Kawasaki from Powersports Depot via Amazon for $14.90 a pair and they work perfectly.

I honestly did not notice a real change other than the now pain in the butt to put cush drive back on after a tire replacement . If was to do it again it would be stock units . However remember I a little guy on a light bird so maybe bigger members on more of a stock weight bird might notice a change .
My Busa is mostly stock, only weight savings to speak of is full exhaust. And the rider, well I can guarantee I'm a good bit heavier than you. That's where I'm doing all my weight savings currently as it's much cheaper for me to keep working out and eating right instead of buying weight loss for the bike lol

Reactions: c10
Back