lever question?

H2447INTX

Registered
ok i have not gotten a deff yes or no but will the gen 1 busa levers fit on a gen2 busa ?

are they the same ? when i am looking for levers can i look for 99-07 levers and will they fit my 09 ,

any help would be great

thanks

This is all I can tell you from my experience. I had a set of Pazzo shorties on an '06. I put those same levers on my '08 and I have had no issues with them.

To add to that apparently Pazzo long levers of the Gen I foul on the fairing of the Gen II so I would say NO :beerchug:

The levers fit the same... some people with Pazzo levers have issues with them touching the fairing on Gen 2. Pazzo took them off there site for fitting the 08/09 Busa because of those issues. They do fit..I have the short Pazzo's on mine.

ok i have not gotten a deff yes or no but will the gen 1 busa levers fit on a gen2 busa ?

are they the same ? when i am looking for levers can i look for 99-07 levers and will they fit my 09 ,

any help would be great

thanks

They will fit the brake and clutch master cylinders...BUT they may not clear your front fairing. That is why the don't list the Gen1 parts for the Gen2 :whistle:

Does anyone make a lever specifically for the gen 2?

I've yet to see one.

As stated before you may or may not have problems with lever to fairing clearance. Seems to be on brake side most people complain about.
Posted via Mobile Device

Should have edited my post to read............ (As Dozer states) the levers will fit the masters, but standard length will/does foul fairing. :whistle: So they fit >>>>>>>>>>> but don't fit ? :thumbsup: Confused yet ???
So the easy way would be to fit the shorties I guess. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Should have edited my post to read............ (As Dozer states) the levers will fit the masters, but standard length will/does foul fairing. :whistle: So they fit >>>>>>>>>>> but don't fit ? :thumbsup: Confused yet ???

To make it more confusing, it doesn't happen on 100% of all '08+ bikes. It's hit or miss. And the majority of it has to do w/ where the rider has the levers positioned. Obviously, if you lower them a bit, the probability of them hitting will lessen.

I am running the shorties with no issues... I have heard that some people will put stops on the steering to avoid any touching at full turn for the longer levers.

Or you can just go with the ASV's, which are another high quality set of levers that quite a few members on here swear by. These will be on my bike by X-mas :thumbsup:

asvflame.jpg

ok got it

they do fit as far as master and clutch master , but the length may be an issue ! i was looking for shorties and yes i will be lowering the busa 1" in about a week, any how that works for me thank you so much !

when it does hit ! that is at full tilt yes , hard right or hard left ?

so how often wile rideing do you hit full tilt or hard right or hard left ? me none,

so the issue with it hitting the faring is realy just when parked or when locking th stearing head yes?

any ways thanks

Last edited:
They will fit the brake and clutch master cylinders...BUT they may not clear your front fairing. That is why the don't list the Gen1 parts for the Gen2 :whistle:

I'm hearing that it is an issue if the front suspension is lowered, and I had the same issue with the Gen I at full lock. So it's really nothing new and it really doesn't have anything to do with Pazzo's because my factory levers hit after I lowered the front.

That's what I've been reading anyway. So not a biggie in my book, just something you need to be aware of. Like I said with the suspension untouched I'm not having any issues.

ok got it

they do fit as far as master and clutch master , but the length may be an issue ! i was looking for shorties and yes i will be lowering the busa 1" in about a week, any how that works for me thank you so much !

so how often wile rideing do you hit full tilt or hard right or hard left ? me none,

so the issue with it hitting the faring is realy just when parked or when locking th stearing head yes?

any ways thanks

If you lower the front an inch you may have contact issues at full lock. Just be aware of it because it will operate the front brakes. With the factory levers I nearly dumped my '06 in the garage because of the sudden stop :laugh:

Or you can just go with the ASV's, which are another high quality set of levers that quite a few members on here swear by. These will be on my bike by X-mas :thumbsup:

There have been problems with those hitting too :whistle:

ok got it

any ways thanks

Some people have had crashes, because at slow speeds like in a parking lot, they have turned the bars far enough that the brake lever hits the fairing, and with the sudden stop they go down :banghead:

I have the long pazzos on my GEN II and have 0 issues with them rubbing. As soon as I read about people having these issues I went out got the bike and did a few locked left and right turns and still no touching.

The case of Pazzo levers hitting the inside fairing is totally individual depending on the bike.

I ordered a long clutch + short brake lever on my K9 hoping that they would fit :please:.

Result = brake lever did hit the inside fairing at levels 3-6, where using level 4 locked the front wheel in my garage. That is not cool.. :moon: Same levers tested on a friends K8 = brake lever touches the inner fairing only on level 6 but doesn't even lock the wheel in low speeds = small risk for garage damage.

just my 2 cents :whistle:

Back