Letter to Suzuki

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
Dear Suzuki,

I realize that times are hard so I thought I would send you my wish list for a new Hayabusa. With the advances we’re getting from the liter class, I’m afraid this magnificent platform might disappear into the annals of motorcycle history. This would be a shame, because the hyper-bike is a great class of motorcycle. The Hayabusa defined the performance level in this class for over a decade with its earth shaking power and sweet usable personality – it’s like both superman and Clark Kent in one bike.

So, here’s my wish list and I am going to use stuff from your parts bin to try and keep things affordable for both of us:

First the engine: All we need here is a little more ponies. We need 200 rear wheel horsepower and 110 lb/ft of torque. That should be pretty achievable with the current engine right? We love the engine’s characteristics as they are though so no peaky screaming or anything like that. Hey, what about an up pipe like taking the one off the B-King and then having some nice aggressive tips poking out from under the hump?

Next we need a bit of a diet. If we could get the bike just under 500 lbs dry that would be awesome. If you are wondering where that might come from, my favorite places are those cans and the wheels. Don’t reduce fuel tank capacity though, we need the range.

We’re pretty good on the suspension and basic geometry. It would be nice to deliver it stock with adjustable dog bones. On the way out there wish list I would put electronically adjustable damping modes but it’s fine as it is now for most people. How about offering a choice of spring rates that can be setup at the dealer when you buy the bike - they can install them in the price of the new bike. That way your dealers make a little money, there is no cost to Suzuki, and we get correct suspension setup in the financing of the bike!

Now it gets a bit more complicated. How about the GSXR1000 Brembo brake setup up front with an option for the B-King ABS pump? While you’re at it, could you work in a traction control system too? And how about a 200 series rear tire stock? And make the drive mode thing usable. Like Touring (better mpg), street (normal), track (grrrrrrrr), and drag (look out).

Now the easy part – aesthetics. Change the mirrors and always offer both solid and two-tone paint schemes. Also on instruments how about an air and water temperature reading? Also, it’s time for an auxiliary plug or USB port standard – everyone has a cell phone!

That’s about it. We need to get all that done for $15K USD too. BTW, thanks for giving us the Hayabusa in the first place too, in case you haven’t heard that lately!

Sincerely,
Waiting patiently for Gen III

Lmfao I'd be satisfied with it being on Grrrrr all the time and allow the aftermarket to adjust us from there.

Sent from my super-duper wack tmobile device using tapatalk.

With all this new legislation bollix coming into Europe, I was glad to jump in and by my 2011 model.
Dont want any electronic complexity adding.
My BM GSA had all that stuff ESA ABS a bloody sign that lit up on the dash to tel me I needed a service etc etc.
And all added weight
I just want a powerfull light weight (as possible) Busa with good brakes and suspension, keep it super simple, I already got traction control bult into my right wrist :laugh:

Best regards Stretch :)

200 hp MC's will be the norm over the next couple years or so. I dont see the Busa being any different. due to its extra weight 210-215 hp is what they should be shooting for.

"ANOTHER KINDA LETTER TOO SUZUKI"

To The Wonderful Managment & Staff Of Suzuki Motorcycles..

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

I have owned my '03 GenI Suzuki Hayabusa for 7 wonderful fun filled years now and she has met and/or exceeded my wildest expectations of what level of performance a two wheeled sport/tour hyperbike could (or even should) be capable of. I would like to take this opportunity to thank ALL of the staff of Suzuki Motorcycles for all the effort and dedication it must have taken to provide and making available such a stunning machine at such a nominal cost to the consumer.

Your world class achievements are underscored not only by the cult like following your product has evolved, but also by the fact that your organizations efforts gave birth to what has become a rolling legend in it's own time with a legacy of mechanical achievement that will live on for many generations to come.

Every Staff Member that has had a hand in the developement and production of Suzuki's Hayabusa should be as proud as the Peregrine Falcons you've named them after AS SHOULD THE OWNERS OF SUCH BE!

Peregrine_Falcon.jpg

I've named my Hayabusa "Oren Ishii"..(a character from the movie "Kill Bill")..when folks ask why?..i simply tell them..

Cause she's one BadA$$ Biotch From Tokyo and?..My name is in fact..."Bill"

Thanks so much again..The Jinkster! :cool:

Excellent wish list! I like the two, upswept exhaust cans, but take a look at Yosh and see what really looks cool. Otherwise, I second your letter.

I like the suggested changes, however, I want my Gen III to be supercharged. - It is do-able and Suzuki would sell a crapload of supercharged Busas.

Adding more power seems pointless since the speed restrictions..

Add some ABS, traction control, electronic cruise control and maybe just add the 12v plug some place convenient, I will take car of adding the extra ummphh on my own :laugh: Nothing 6 or 8 lbs boost won't solve :whistle:

I like the suggested changes, however, I want my Gen III to be supercharged. - It is do-able and Suzuki would sell a crapload of supercharged Busas.

Adding 10 to 15K to the price of the Busa will not help sales no matter how fast it is :laugh:

Adding more power seems pointless since the speed restrictions..:laugh:

Getting to the speed restriction faster is as fun as the untimate speed in my book. Besides I should have said to put the speed restriction in the ECU programming so we can just turn it off :sly:

That is a beautiful photo BTW.. wonder if an artist could make a photo of the colors of the falcon into a fairing scheme? I've been trying to come up with something, but alas im at a loss.

Adding more power seems pointless since the speed restrictions..

Add some ABS, traction control, electronic cruise control and maybe just add the 12v plug some place convenient, I will take car of adding the extra ummphh on my own :laugh: Nothing 6 or 8 lbs boost won't solve :whistle:

Adding 10 to 15K to the price of the Busa will not help sales no matter how fast it is :laugh:

A factory supercharger could be done for <$2000 per unit and I guarantee that it would sell like hotcakes. - The kind of people who typically buy a Busa/ZX-14 will gladly pay extra for that.

As for your argument that more power is pointless, well, the B-King is stupidly fast from 0-200km/h...and it was made to be that way. I would be happy if the Gen III Busa had a lower top speed but a higher rate of acceleration.

dear suzuki, i want a diamond, but i only want to pay for a cubic zirconium
LMAO.....These companies have did there best to make these bikes as light as technology and laws allow. There's no way they're going to magically be able to shave off 50lbs or so, they have these bikes amazingly light for the engine size and equipment they carry, just look at all the other bike segments and compare. Like Malicous said, if you want a liter sized busa you'd better be willing to shell out for diamond-like price tags :poke: Personally I think the busa is a great bike for the price you pay and the ridiculous performance it gives. Honestly, how often do you guys cane the wfo throttle off your busa everywhere, constantly thinking, man this things slow, I sure need more power and brakes? The busa gives hp and acceleration levels unheard of not too many years back, and way more than the typical rider can use unless they drag race :laugh: Most of us bought busa's for a reason, if we really wanted liter sized racebikes to ride around the street on, we'd probably be riding them and posting on another forum. I say enjoy the outrageous bike you ride that our fathers could only dream of riding.
I guess as you get older you really start to appreciate the awesome machinery we have at our disposal nowadays, instead of worrying about keeping up with the percieved status quo :beerchug:

A BMW K1300S is 503 lbs dry. If we all thought that "enough is enough" there wouldn't be a Busa in the first place. it's just silly to think that a big hyper-bike can't turn and brake well, especially with technical advancements available these days. Just saying..........

Back