Just got my recall letter from suzuki...

Haven't got the recall letter but took her in for the first service and it was on the list. They inspected it and found no damage so they just rerouted the wires and off I flew.
banghead.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Got mine today, too.

San Diego.

14,000+ miles on her...

wow this post gave me a flashback I used to be a Buell owner I have a whole drawer full of recall letters.

Yup, got mine on the 12th.

I'm going to inspect it first. If it's out of specifications, I'll notify the Suzuki dealership that it needs parts. There is NO WAY I am leaving my bike at the friggin' dealer while they wait around for the replacement components. Just the thought of some pimple-faced shop rat working on my bike makes me nauseous.

Thanks to Warchild for the invaluable contribution he has made by sharing the inside scoop on the recall!
beerchug.gif

Come to think of it, if the wiring is up to spec, I am NOT bringing it to the dealer. I just know I won't be getting the bike back without any unnecessary complications.

I'm going to inspect it first. If it's out of specifications, I'll notify the Suzuki dealership that it needs parts. There is NO WAY I am leaving my bike at the friggin' dealer while they wait around for the replacement components. Just the thought of some pimple-faced shop rat working on my bike makes me nauseous.

Thanks to Warchild for the invaluable contribution he has made by sharing the inside scoop on the recall!
beerchug.gif

Come to think of it, if the wiring is up to spec, I am NOT bringing it to the dealer. I just know I won't be getting the bike back without any unnecessary complications.
Dude...you need to find a dealership you trust/respect.

You need to take the bike in (even if it inspects "o.k."). They need to punch a hole in the doo-dad (not the technical term) certifying that it was inspected by an authorized entity and is safe.

Otherwise, someone in the future is going to open up your bike, find the doo-dad (again) not punched, and assume the service/inspection was never completed.

I don't consider these things to be remotely 'optional'.

And shame on you for allowing the presence of some 'pimple-faced shop rat' to prevent you from getting accomplished what you need to.

rulez8bn.gif

zzwhip.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

beerchug.gif

Dude...you need to find a dealership you trust/respect.

You need to take the bike in (even if it inspects "o.k.").  They need to punch a hole in the doo-dad (not the technical term) certifying that it was inspected by an authorized entity and is safe.

Otherwise, someone in the future is going to open up your bike, find the doo-dad (again) not punched, and assume the service/inspection was never completed.

I don't consider these things to be remotely 'optional'.  

And shame on you for allowing the presence of some 'pimple-faced shop rat' to prevent you from getting accomplished what you need to.

rulez8bn.gif

zzwhip.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
GO EASY THERE, TIGER!
rock.gif

I've been a Technician For MANY years. I think I can trust my own judgment, especially when my own personal safety is involved.

I understand your point. You are entitled to your opinion, just like everybody else.

Find a dealership that I trust? Did you just use "dealership" and "trust" in the same sentence? That's pretty funny
laugh.gif

I have not had a bike touched by anyone other than myself in 25 years, outside of PDIs. That includes warranty, and recall campaigns. Where there is a will, there is a way. Trust me on that, you just need to be resourceful.

Regarding the pimple faced shop rat comment that I made. I worked at several dealerships. At flat rate OEM recall campaigns, the 'A' techs normally don't get simple inspect/repair jobs like this particular one. I'm thinking that an underpaid newbie to wrenching isn't someone I want touching my bike.

I know you generally mean well with your advice. I'm just not keen on being lectured to
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back