Letter from a really mad woman..

Still love that thread...  "so why is it we all have to speak English at these meetings?,   Cause if it was not for the Americans, you would be speaking German"
Now, that one is entertaining..
usaflagwave.gif
You can call it entertaining, I'll call it the truth!!
Up for debate.
tounge.gif
That's a matter of opinion, I don't see much to debate though

I am pro American. I served in the military, I don't think people who have not been over there can appreciate what those guys are going through. I think the media sensationalizes anything bad that happens because it gets better ratings. The good things are missed, or ignored. While I was there I saw so many good things happening, and almost nothing bad. Not one bit of the good made it in the news, it wasn't "ratings material".

I am extremly tired of the anti-American/anti-soldier outlook that I keep hearing. If you have a problem with the war, protest some politicians. Last time I checked it was a bunch of rich guys in suits in a conference room that declared war. Not the 21 year guy leaving his family for a year or more for just barely above minimum wage. Don't blame the guys who are willing to die for my freedom. Blame the guys are willing to sacrifice them for a few extra dollars.

America has done so much for so many countries yet that is ignored. I am fine with that. Just don't disrespect my soldiers. They have earned both respect and a long break.

.... aaahhhh media....

Remember the days when it took 5 days to send a LETTER? You put IMPORTANT information in that letter - not every detail about everything known to man. Now, tecnology allows us to send everything to everyone all at once, not just the IMPORTANT, positive, supportive stuff.

A letter across any border was eagerly anticipated.
700 channels of crap satelite are diminished to gossip mongers.

.... ahhhh media....

I am extremly tired of the anti-American/anti-soldier outlook that I keep hearing.  If you have a problem with the war, protest some politicians.  Last time I checked it was a bunch of rich guys in suits in a conference room that declared war.  Not the 21 year guy leaving his family for a year or more for just barely above minimum wage.  Don't blame the guys who are willing to die for my freedom.  Blame the guys are willing to sacrifice them for a few extra dollars.
Well said but I haven't heard any anti soldier sentiment. Maybe I'm not listening to any of that trash. The problem is indeed with terrible decisions from above, and that is where my attention goes. The idiots in the suits that don't think twice about all the lives they're ruining. I'm sick of arguing this topic as words are constantly twisted to connections between supporting the soldiers vs supporting the decision to invade Iraq, connections between 9/11 and the invasion, etc. I'm as patriotic and pro American as anyone, and I reserve the right to question our leaders as to the proper direction for this country. Everybody will have a chance to voice their opinions in November.

I want to jump in here, but I don't think I have quite decided what to say....

Maybe I just wanted to fly my
usaflagwave.gif

Navywife for 12 years...watched her husband leave and thankfully come home, on many trips to the Arabian Gulf and other "hot spots". My utmost respect to all the men and women in uniform.
usaflagwave.gif

usaflagwave.gif

Back