Where is Ronald Reagan when we need him (famous quotes)

In mid-2009, The Advocate newspaper in Baton Rouge reviewed helicopter records obtained through public information requested and verified that from March 2, 2009 to July 20, 2009, Jindal used taxpayer funded helicopter and State Police pilots to travel to various parts of the state to attend church services and meet with community officials. A total of 14 trips were taken with a cost of $1,200 per hour to operate, about $45,000 in total. Jindal states that the Sunday services are not based on politics and he is invited to meet with rural worshipers. He argues that these events are valuable to "hear what the people have to say." In addition, after the church services, Jindal scheduled meetings with local officials who showed him schools, roads, and factories and shared with him their concerns. State Sen. Joe McPherson, D-Woodworth, said Jindal is a very accessible governor and that these Sunday trips provide an opportunity to reach out to the community. ???

In mid-2009, The Advocate newspaper in Baton Rouge reviewed helicopter records obtained through public information requested and verified that from March 2, 2009 to July 20, 2009, Jindal used taxpayer funded helicopter and State Police pilots to travel to various parts of the state to attend church services and meet with community officials. A total of 14 trips were taken with a cost of $1,200 per hour to operate, about $45,000 in total. Jindal states that the Sunday services are not based on politics and he is invited to meet with rural worshipers. He argues that these events are valuable to "hear what the people have to say." In addition, after the church services, Jindal scheduled meetings with local officials who showed him schools, roads, and factories and shared with him their concerns. State Sen. Joe McPherson, D-Woodworth, said Jindal is a very accessible governor and that these Sunday trips provide an opportunity to reach out to the community. ???

Thanks for the post. This gives me another reason to like the man. :thumbsup:

Amen! I'm telling you, Jindal is one of those few politicians who hasn't lost touch with his populace. I'm really hoping he runs in 2012.

Supreme Court decision upholding (among other things) the Louisiana legal standard defining race for legal purposes. If an individual is 7/8 white but 1/8 black, they are considered black. Utterly pathetic and mathmatically incongruent. The doctorine of separate but equal that was overturned by Brown v. Board came from this.

i know of the case, i was not sure of the point you were trying to make.

separate but equal, is one of the low points of the Supreme Court history.

The point I made was that we are 100 years past the time when a man was legally black even when he was 7/8 white, yet our president who is as white as he is black, is both celebrated and derided as being black.

Don't know much about Jindal, saw a speech by him on tv, he is no Reagan. Was very uncomfortable with the camera, voice not smooth or confident, must get better about reading the teleprompter.
Have no issue with him taking trips to see constituents on the tax-payer dime, that's what his job is......

Although I was a bit young at the time, I cant recall Pres. Reagan doing much for anybodys civil rights. He was to busy with useless construction projects and giving orders-"Mr Gorbechev,tear down this wall!", whatever the hell that was about.......

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::whistle:

Something called Trickle Down Economics.
Reagan started it and all the way up until Clinton we lived it. Lying POS he was...sorry got off on a tangent.....
Anyway the TDE reagan initiated and protected lasted up until HE came to town..Bill that is.
What happened to Vince Foster ? How does a man shoot himself in the mouth commiting suicide and not EVEN HAVE ONE DROP OF BLOOD INSIDE HIS MOUTH when found ???
You know how cuz he was already dead when placed in the park.
How does the FBI miss a briefcase with suicide note in it when searching his office but Hillarys asst finds it five days later ???
What happened to soon to testify at Waco hearings secretary Ron Brown and how/why did his plane fly into the side of a mtn when it had all instruments. That cover up cost the lives of one good aircrew !
Again not to get off subject but........................
GOD I MISS RONBO !

Back