lets see your fairing mod pics please.

today i changed the oil, did the pair valve mod, and also did the fairing screen mod. all turned out ok i think. my ques is my fairing screen mod i pushed out on the screen to give it kind of a bubble effect i  read here this looks better than flat. but now that i look at it im thinking maybe i bowed it out to far. id like to see pics to see what mine looks like compared to other ones. thanks in advance.
Pics, post some pics!!

And the plastic push pins;
step one----push in center pin so it is not flush, but indented. You don't need to push it all the way through, just indent it.

step two----Grab the plug, the housing around the pin you just pushed in, and pull it out. Now your holding the plug with the pin still indented in the plug.

step three-- Now push the pin all the way through, don't pull it out, the pin is designed to only go one way.

Install;

step one---Place plug, without pin, in the hole.

step two---Push pin into plug until it snaps into place, it should be flush with the plug.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108331768 -->

Looks very nice BigBSBusa!  
thumbs-up.gif
Thanks, busa1300nut!

Finished my screen mods got 'em from Hope for $20. Used 5 minute 2 part epoxy took about 1.5 hrs to take off fairings, shape the screens and wait for epoxy to dry and replace the fairings.

Busa_II_018.jpg

#4 and please no reflector comments, I know they gotta go but that's part of the christening ceremony and it serves as a good motivator to get the other mods done first.

Busa_II_016.jpg

Can't pass up a remove the reflector comment, so remove those reflectors. Mods are lookin' good so far. Keep us posted.

Okay,
I'll leave the reflectors alone, but man, where did that mud flap come from, some poor 4x4? Just kidding! Bike looks great! I am definately going to do the screens now.
thumbs-up.gif

here's mine from a couple of weeks ago

A little tip: remember to keep the direction of the grille screen material going the same direction on each hole.....it adds a much cleaner look if the lines are aligned. Makes it seem as though it's one piece of material flowing behind the fairing.

<!--EDIT|BusaReds
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108759991 -->

fairingscreens2.JPG

and adding to the joke......
Trim your mudflap DUDE........
(unless you like it) fine with you is fine with me........

rightside2.JPG

and adding to the joke......
Trim your mudflap DUDE........
(unless you like it) fine with you is fine with me........
A man can only do so much in one day. I do admit I saw the mod on the rear flap and will cut it down someday. My plan is to take allof the plastic from the flap, reflectors and the stickers put them in my pipe and smoke 'em I'll call it "gettin BUSAHAYA" i just figured out someones screename!

here's mine from a couple of weeks ago

A little tip:  remember to keep the direction of the grille screen material going the same direction on each hole.....it adds a much cleaner look if the lines are aligned.  Makes it seem as though it's one piece of material flowing behind the fairing.
Very good point, BusaReds! They would look kind foolish if not going in the same direction. I cut mine out and laid them on the fairing together to make sure they were straight.

Back