lets see your fairing mod pics please.

nolo263

Registered
today i changed the oil, did the pair valve mod, and also did the fairing screen mod. all turned out ok i think. my ques is my fairing screen mod i pushed out on the screen to give it kind of a bubble effect i read here this looks better than flat. but now that i look at it im thinking maybe i bowed it out to far. id like to see pics to see what mine looks like compared to other ones. thanks in advance.

what the fairing mod
rock.gif

I'd like to see some pictures too...

today i changed the oil, did the pair valve mod, and also did the fairing screen mod. all turned out ok i think. my ques is my fairing screen mod i pushed out on the screen to give it kind of a bubble effect i  read here this looks better than flat. but now that i look at it im thinking maybe i bowed it out to far. id like to see pics to see what mine looks like compared to other ones. thanks in advance.
I have the fairing screens on my busa. You are right they do need to have some arch to them or they look weird. A flat screen just looks misplaced on the curves of the bike. However when installing the screens you have to be careful not to bend them too far or they will fold or buckle then they look REALLY bad. I am assuming you did the aluminum type screens? You know the thing about that material is that it's so easy to bend them too far. Do you have a pic of what it looks like after you did this? It's hard for me to know if you bowed them out too far without looking at them.

How long did it take you to get the fairing prepared & installed?
It took me about an hour and a half cuz I did the 8 piece setup and I glued mine in place inside the fairing so I had to glue a pice and hold it for ten minutes to set then repeat till finished. Including taking the fairings on and off with the glue time it was about a total 2 and a half hours.

what the fairing mod
rock.gif

I'd like to see some pictures too...
The fairing mod is putting grille type screens in all the open slots in the fairing up front by like where u can look in and see the radiator and oil cooler, underneath the bike there are a couple little openings to fill kinda by the kickstand where it comes down, and of course the 2 easiest ones to see are the open holes in the tail section right in front of where it says gsx1300r. The pieces are fairly cheap if you get them in the right place. I only paid like 26 dollars for mine plus the glue to hold them in place your talking a 30$ mod that will set your bike off like you wouldn't believe. I have got more compliments on those than any mod on my bike. I passed another busa in traffic going the opposite way the first day I had them on and he turned around and chased me down just to pull up beside me, look down and point to the grilles, then looked back up at me and gave me a thumbs up. Trust me they will get your bike some attention bro.

Or go to a local hardware store and for about $10-$15 you can cut out your own out of gutter gaurd. That's what I did and then used goop adhesive to secure them in place. DON'T USE HOT GLUE to hold them. It will make a very big mess once the engine gets hot. Not that I made the mistake or anything:blush:
laugh.gif

Or go to a local hardware store and for about $10-$15 you can cut out your own out of gutter gaurd.  That's what I did and then used goop adhesive to secure them in place.  DON'T USE HOT GLUE to hold them. It will make a very big mess once the engine gets hot.  Not that I made the mistake or anything:blush:
laugh.gif
Don't feel bad man. I prolly would have made the same mistake. I have a friend who did body work for like 30 years before he retired. I told him I wanted to ask what to use to hold the pieces in place on my fairings that would withstand the vibration and engine heat so they didn't come out of place. He told me to use this glue called JB Weld. I guess the guys that do all that body work and crap use it. I went and got it and man lemme tell ya it was clean, made literally no mess, and whether I want them to be or not those grilles are now a PERMANENT part of my fairing. lol

You can also scoot over to the local auto store and pick up a tube of GOOP. I did mine with that...it withstands high temps and will never move.

Did the mod using GOOP and let them set overnight before reinstalling the fairings. Cut and install time was about 2 hours plus the time to let them sit. Here's a couple pics.

BabyJScreenFairings-Left.jpg

BabyJScreenFairings-Right.jpg

BabyJScreenFairings-TailLeft.jpg

BabyJScreenFairings-TailRight.jpg

BabyJ-7.jpg

BabyJ-6.jpg

Did the mod using GOOP and let them set overnight before reinstalling the fairings.  Cut and install time was about 2 hours plus the time to let them sit.  Here's a couple pics.

BabyJScreenFairings-Left.jpg

BabyJScreenFairings-Right.jpg

BabyJScreenFairings-TailLeft.jpg

BabyJScreenFairings-TailRight.jpg

BabyJ-7.jpg

BabyJ-6.jpg
Dude those pics are breaking my heart! Are you showing me that you have the baddest color busa made so far (hehe) with let me see what mods I can see from the pic. Looks like I am seeing fairing screens of course, frame sliders, clear lenses, custom seats, an undertail, custom grips, and OHHHHH what is this? All of these kick ass mods with FACTORY PIPES! How are u standing that bro thats the first thing I ripped off my bike besides the warning stickers of course. lol

Patience, bro'! Patience! I got deployed right after finishing all this. This summer there will be some new pics with lots of new mods. Some to replace what you see here. Thanks for the compliments though!

Patience, bro'!  Patience!  I got deployed right after finishing all this.  This summer there will be some new pics with lots of new mods.  Some to replace what you see here.  Thanks for the compliments though!
Dude you need to tell george wubya to stop interrupting your important work war can wait that bike needs pipes. Dude I really do like what you have done. I have an 03 just like that to and I think they look hellacious as they are let alone with a few tasty mods. Keep up the good work bro.

Patience, bro'!  Patience!  I got deployed right after finishing all this.  This summer there will be some new pics with lots of new mods.  Some to replace what you see here.  Thanks for the compliments though!
Dude you need to tell george wubya to stop interrupting your important work war can wait that bike needs pipes. Dude I really do like what you have done. I have an 03 just like that to and I think they look hellacious as they are let alone with a few tasty mods. Keep up the good work bro.
Thanks again. The good thing is I am entering Phase IV, the reconstruction part, of the mods. Don't even have to worry about terrorist attacks because I'm not married!
laugh.gif

took me about six hours but like i said i changed the oil, did the pair valve removal and then did the screens since i had the fairing off. im still not finished i need to take the tail off and do that part. ques. how do you take those plastic rivet things off without breaking them off of the tail section? i noticed that it reved up quicker without the pair valve it used to have a small stumble when it was idling and you would gas it in neutral. i noticed its gone now.
the screen i used was speed grill i bought it at pepboys they make it for the fast and furious cars. its in that section of the store. and i used a type of cement that comes in a two part syringe that dries in like five minutes. so all you have to do is hold it for like three minutes and then it will stay in place and you can start on the next screen. all i did was the corners of the screens and then at the end i siliconed the whole screen in place just in case that the cement stuff cracks with the vibration the silicone will hold it.
ill try to get some pics of my bike only thing is i dont have a dig. camera only a video camera that can take dig. pics ill try to see if i can put them on my computer so i can show them to everyone.

Back