legal info on license plate mounitng needed

Big Dog, West Coast Choppers, and even a new H-D have their tags mounted on the side and not in the center of the rear fender. Are the manufacturers doing something illegal?

Big Dog, West Coast Choppers, and even a new H-D have their tags mounted on the side and not in the center of the rear fender. Are the manufacturers doing something illegal?
even if they are, no one will bother them. Local HD dealer has a sign up in their service department, its the PA guidelines for where to mount our state inspection stickers ie: front lower fork or fender. I still watch the bikes roll out of THAT dealership and out of THAT service department with stickers on the rear side of the bikes. Why bother even hanging the sign?

They talk about how the plate needs to be displayed.... What about some of the truckers going down the freeway and you cant even read the plate cause it is covered in muck!

No pun intended Doyle!
beerchug.gif

If the state gives a grant to police in the area of the dragon again this year, they will be issuing citations for any infraction they can find. This will probably include display issues with tags.

Not all cops agree with this. I was putting my undertail on at the local shop, and there was a sherrif in there having his Busa mapped. We got to talking and he said that he even got stopped for his vertically hanging plate. Of course no ticket for him, but did he correct the problem?Heck no! Thats what I like to see. One cop sticking it to another and him saying screw you. I think I'll take my chances with mine for now. I'm sure that'll change after I end up paying $100 to have a cleaner look.

Not all cops agree with this. I was putting my undertail on at the local shop, and there was a sherrif in there having his Busa mapped. We got to talking and he said that he even got stopped for his vertically hanging plate. Of course no ticket for him, but did he correct the problem?Heck no! Thats what I like to see. One cop sticking it to another and him saying screw you. I think I'll take my chances with mine for now. I'm sure that'll change after I end up paying $100 to have a cleaner look.
his buddies ain't gopnna write him a ticket, plus he fuels you to disobey the law so they can write MORE tickets.

Sorry to disapoint but if im not mistaken, CT law says it must be in the centermost rear portion of the bike and must be illuminated at all times.......in your case tho id say screw it.
beerchug.gif

Back