wonder if this is legal in california???

thelakeshow2k

Registered
will be putting an undertail and think it would look much better without the license plate obstructing the view..

is it legal to have the license plate mounted to the swingarm? :please::please::please: they make them vertical and horizontal and have led lights on them.

Most all of them put the plate on the swingarm. I dont know if its legal in Cali but it is here. Besides, where else would you mount your plate with an aftermarket undertail. :beerchug:

Not sure in Cali, but in WA the plate needs to read left to right. Vertical is asking for a ticket on a sportbike. For some reason it's okay for the HD crowd.

Nothing is legal in cali. Cops use fix tickets to justify traffic stops. If you have many mods and ride fast, you are asking for troubles. I even went back to stock pipes. Being stealth is the key.
Posted via Mobile Device

In these economic tough times in Cali, I wouldn't do anything which attracts unnecessary attention. They're really out for the cash these days...your cash.

Good luck!!!

Horizontal or vertical is good to go here. Roughly 12" from ground is ok too.
Just don't drive like a bonehead...............

Ron

i run mine on swingarm and the leo;s don't say nothing alot of bike here run the tag down on the arm the only thing they ever tell me when pulled over is they just wanted to check it out then they start telling you how they use to have a bike like this yea right no leo's can afford one like mine they don't make that much and besides my busa is one of akind full custom and NOS not many here where i live they are all just wanna-be's:whistle:

will be putting an undertail and think it would look much better without the license plate obstructing the view..

is it legal to have the license plate mounted to the swingarm? :please::please::please: they make them vertical and horizontal and have led lights on them.

For the most part they shouldn't give you any trouble, like previously stated it all depends if they are lookin for a reason to pull you over or not and depends a lot on the LEO. I drove a truck daily in CA with no front plate for 24 years before getting pulled over for it, even the SGT that signed off on the fix-it-ticket said "so what did you really get pulled over for?"

I don't think it's a big deal in california I don't get much trouble just as long as it is fully visible that seems to be the key. I even run HID lights for night riding and no leo's hit me yet and in San Jose they are all about the tickets right now in these economic times. So I think it's safe to say you'll be ok.

Play it safe and go "horizontal" and "lighted" if you aren't in stock location. It's also about how you ride in general also. The more playful you are the more you want to keep things stock. Less chance of extra tickets.

LE isn't giving more tickets,it's just that we notice it more cause we can't afford them. :laugh:

as is clearly stated in the vehicle code "must be visible"....with the plate mounted on the left side, it is not visible from the right side. it also has to be lighted at night....

thse are all ticky, tack tickets...but can be used to punish you if you are caught riding like an idiot or reason to pull you over and even tow your ride.

Tru brings up a good point...it is horizontal in WA and Vertical in CA...are you planning on traveling out of state with it? If so, you will get nailed. Go for what you like but plan for the future.

Not sure in Cali, but in WA the plate needs to read left to right. Vertical is asking for a ticket on a sportbike. For some reason it's okay for the HD crowd.

In these economic tough times in Cali, I wouldn't do anything which attracts unnecessary attention. They're really out for the cash these days...your cash.

Good luck!!!

Scar I think you said it right there nothing else that needs to be said. :thumbsup:

i run mine on swingarm and the leo;s don't say nothing alot of bike here run the tag down on the arm the only thing they ever tell me when pulled over is they just wanted to check it out then they start telling you how they use to have a bike like this yea right no leo's can afford one like mine they don't make that much and besides my busa is one of akind full custom and NOS not many here where i live they are all just wanna-be's:whistle:
'''lol nice!!!

Im in california & run the plate vertical on the swing arm,no mirrors,hid & a tsukigi cannon with no issue.dont drive like an ass hat & you'll be fine

p.s.
make sure & run a light on the plate

Nothing is legal in California.

Cops use fix tickets to justify traffic stops.

If you have many mods and ride fast,
you are asking for troubles.

I even went back to stock pipes.

Being stealth is the key.

attachment.php?attachmentid=305507&d=1460684623.jpg

Street Legal 1/4 mile drags ~ Fontana, CA. Just $20.00 !

For 20 bucks we get to pin it here at Fontucky . . .

No need to worry about a ticket !

Cops drag race too ?

Red, *<(;{)-

Back