Missing License Plate

viper862

Registered
I just noticed my license plate is missing. Im not sure if someone ripped it off or it just fell off, the mount is broken and there is some rust at the break points which make me believe it just fell off maybe from vibration. It is a vertically mounted license plate, is it legal in NJ to have it mounted vertically? My next stop the DMV and I also need a frigin inspection sticker. Any ideas on a new secure mount?

Thanks.

I lost my tag on a recent ride. The chain guard tag relocator snapped sometime during the ride. I stopped by the DMV got a replacement and mounted it on the factory mount. Oh well!

I found a couple of post on this site and went to lowes and picked up a 90 degree mounting bracket drilled some holes on the broken axle mount and mounted the license plate horizontally, temporarily until I come up with a final solution that will not fall off. I was considering the chain guard relocator but now Im not after yours broke off. And now that I think about it that type of mount only had one physical connection to the plate as I recall. I need something better. This should be so foolproof but it seems alot of people have had this problem.

HA! we need to start a missing plate data base! I lost mine when my stretched/slammed 03 hit a big ol' pothole!

i lost a plate last year, i had to file a missing plate report at the locol PD. the cop asked "Do you know where you lost it?" Well, i did use the word "LOST" so...
:rofl:

Back