LED HB3 or 9005

Cocky1

Registered
Has anyone tried the LED bulbs as your high beams? I see some and am just curious. Just asking the question. Looking at HID system but there is a good deal of wiring and placement versus simply changing a bulb.

Got front end off for the switchback mod and wanted to check out bulb options while its easy to get to.

right now, HID>LED for headlights. if you want decent output from led's, it's $$$$$$$.

hid is not that hard everything in most kits plugs inline with your factory harness , the only real difficulty is mounting the ballast but it's really not that hard. Tons of write ups here regarding install too :thumbsup:

LED headlight? can not imagine that would put out much usable light compared to even a halogen bulb...

They are actually becoming more and more popular but they haven't really become mainstream yet, the diff between LED and HID is HID produces a light that is closer to that of natural light. LED is still being developed but you can get quite a bit of good light from the right ones (more in most cases than a halogen) . A lot of vehicle manufactures are starting to consider this route due to the low voltage draw and decent output.

LED does run hot and the more output the hotter they get so a good heat sink coupled with the correct driver is a must for them to operate properly without burning out the LED due to overload of voltage.

Any links to these LED's that'll do better than HID? I'd like to read up on that technology.

Like I said they are still in development but there are a few basic leds that will put out under optimal conditions up to 900 lumens (I have one sitting in my tool box as I was trying to develop them as integrated riding, off road and driving lights) here's the link to that one and this thing is friggin bright. Had to be shipped from HONG KONG and took forever to get

DealExtreme: $15.37 SSC P7 C-Bin LED Emitter with 21mm Heat Sink Base (3.6V~3.7V)

Back