9005 Led Conversion? Not Hid

Jessy

Registered
hey guys I know hid ballast and bulbs need to "warm up" to become bright and regarding another members post in another thread who stating that "no that its instant" well... no... your wrong....
the ballast and bulb when cold take a minute to warm up to operating temp, once warm though.. its a different story
however some times we cant use the high beam all the time, so thus its cooling the bulb off and needing warmed back up (look at the bulb when you turn your light on from cold, now wait a 90seconds without looking at it .....waiting.... wham! like 4x brighter...)

so I know of this issue and I wanted to go with a led based highbeam
I ordered a 80watt (overkill I know) led bulb 9005 in 6k color hopefully it will all go nice
led is almost instantaneous from my experience
anyone else done this ? if not then I shall Guinea pig it..
the exact one I ordered has the fan and heat diffuser combo on it so its slightly bulky but eh... ill make it work lol

my low beam is a 55wat hid in 6k and the spread is perfect (I need the delay mod) its a solid flat line and super nice for me at night with a tinted helmet visor (my halogen bulb
highbeam is insufficient now and ugly in 4k range)

so anyone that has potentially done the HIGHBEAM in a LED (not hid ) post ya results plz and thanks !!

disclaimer\.... my spelling is horrid get over it :p

Tried it but too bulky to get it to stay in the high beam for me. The led also won't throw the light as far down the road. But Goodluck with yours and let us know results.

will have a night pik tmro

13537796_1259507254061862_1479579938291411810_n.jpg

13599900_1259507230728531_8378839366213621108_n.jpg

13600108_1259507467395174_1676310745180489914_n.jpg

13615446_1259507144061873_6344171339333628930_n.jpg

I should note you will have to mount the hid ballast somewhere I personally like the in line ballast but led behaves different from hid you shouldn't ignite a hid bulb many times in a short time frame
I have my hid ballast taped and zip tied to the right ram tube and the led ballast isn't long enough to worry about

Eh-he-hee sorry bt that :3
My bike was missing that piece under the upper cowl but without that in the way it's more of a reach and guess thing
As far as the h7 adapter you need?
I just took the stock one and dremeled it out high beam needs no adapter

It is slightly easier if you remove the cluster just gives you more visual to work with
Pros?
Hella bright low beam with a tinted visor on
Highbeam needs lowered down but for me it spreads the light- up left and right and then center
This for me illuminates the woods for criters to be seen better
Cons?
Low beam needs a delay timer or you will burn bulbs and ballasts as there not made to on off alot

Highbeam 6k is more 5k (at least the brand I got)
Light spread could be somewhat better but this is expected when it's still experimental lighting
Picks? Still haven't taken any -_- just haven't remembered

So.. take lower cowl piece that covers forks off or take cluster and shield out your call there

Overall I'm happy with it I just need to lower the highbeam angle

FYI. If you hold your start button before you turn on the key your light will not come on. Then when you pull the clutch the bike will start. Not as good as a delay, but it will stop your light from igniting twice everytime you start your bike.

Yours is the only one I have seen that the lights will come on with the start button pushed then. Sorry the info didn't help.

My 4 pictures on post #5
I don't see anything wrong with them?
Pic 1 is someone holding the LED bulb
Pic 2 is the Bulb and ballast on a table or counter
Pic 3 is the high beam on (blue or black GEN I)
Pic 4 is the whole Stark Kit with box on a table

What are you wanting to get fixed?

Back