LED Halo Rings

Meta title: Malo

I did look for demon/angel with red halo and blue demon, though I didn't find any.

The demon/angel looks good too.

I went with LED conceptz and they had every color. I'm just going with a black/satin gray (mattish) wrap with graphite, so I blacked out my chrome housing and did red/white.

EDIT: I had a 9th gen accord as a daily for a while, and then I decided to VIP it. Long story short - I spent 1200$ and a couple of weeks in the shop fixing and resealing.. It's not like I didn't pay good price for headlights LEDs - they weren't even retrofits, the shop just had to run 3 halos into the LEDS and frost the DRLs to run it between two modules. Lesson learned, they didn't go with quality products and had to redo my lights over and over again, even then - the residue/glue that holds the halos melted during a 30+ hour trip to the grand canyons and Carlsbad caverns with my wife and dogs. Now I'm just looking to return the car back to stock touring lights and sell the bags/wheels for my next build lol.

Last edited:
Is kiwi going to need anything else to wire them up?

I included the driver and remote.

When I ordered with rings, I also ordered a backup set. So I sent the driver and remote from the backup set.

There has been multiple LED projects I've done around the house and to my car. I know some of the common issues with working with "cheap" LED's. That's one of the reasons I order backup sets.

4 cheap sets are better/cost less than 1 expensive set, in my opinion. Though, to each their own.

The oven was set to 250 degrees fahrenheit, I heated headlight assembly for 10 minutes. Then carefully pried lens apart from assembly with flat head screwdriver.

This is the glue I used ($1 at local Dollar Tree) to secure bottom ring to hi beam projector housing.

TFA_1.preview.jpg

This is the wire I used ($2 at local Home Depot) to secure top ring to low beam reflector housing.

858b2348-542e-43fa-8e9d-d83de0efe057_1.c077f0d8ba343f1a1de670c46f705485.jpg

I removed the low beam reflector (3 screws) from the headlight assembly, then drilled holes (2 top & 2 bottom) in reflector to secure ring in place with wire. Used needle nose pliers to twist wire tight.

I used drill to make slit in top of low beam reflector housing to "fish" ring wiring through.

After testing, and dying overnight; I reheated to headlight assembly with lens just resting on assembly for 10 minutes. Using winter gloves; I pushed lens back into place on assembly.

* i used rubber bands to "bunch" wires in place at back of assembly for reheat process

It was pretty simple, and I'm not mechanically inclined. Took 3 hours for me.

Last edited:
I included the driver and remote.

When I ordered with rings, I also ordered a backup set. So I sent the driver and remote from the backup set.

There has been multiple LED projects I've done around the house and to my car. I know some of the common issues with working with "cheap" LED's. That's one of the reasons I order backup sets.

4 cheap sets are better/cost less than 1 expensive set, in my opinion. Though, to each their own.

Well damn you are a hella nice guy lol, I had one I was going to send in case you didn’t have. And yea I agree with you, I have used both cheap and expensive, bottom line....they both fail eventually. But any way Probs to you for hooking kiwi up.

I’ve had bad experiences with cheaper LEDs. They seem to burn out and then certain colors only work, angel eyes/demon eyes will be the best bet if you can afford to spend the money- you’ll never have to crack your lights open again.

View attachment 1587517

Did you have to cut the back of the headlight housing to fit the angel eye and it’s housing? It looks like I need to trim mine to make it fit.

Did you have to cut the back of the headlight housing to fit the angel eye and it’s housing? It looks like I need to trim mine to make it fit.

Yeah, I had to trim and cut around it and then seal it back. But it wasn't bad because I also blacked out the chrome housing inside.

Update!

There were many helpful suggestions and tips from this thread. Knowing lights and LEDs don't last forever, I figured I'd stockpile some replacements.

I haven't been home to see or ride my bike since dropping it off at the shop for it's facelift. The mechanic did say the headlight with halos went in without any trouble.

Headlight Halos -1.jpg

Small Tangent: I didn't mind aftermarket fairing kit didn't have Suzuki on front cowl, planned on putting trim around headlight. BallZ is out of stock of chrome headlight trim. No luck on eBay or Amazon either. If you have a spare please contact me.

From the photo the mechanic sent; I'm not "thrilled" with the final result. The high beam halo isn't clearly visible the entire circumference of the projector; the chrome trim piece inside the headlight assembly shields part of the halo.

I'll keep those halos in until they need replacing. To replace them I ordered 90MM rings instead of the 100MM I used.

For a fun rainy day project I'll experiment on the old headlight with these:

Projector Lens Red Halo - 1.jpg

Projector Lens Red Halo - 2.jpg

Projector Lens Red Halo - 3.jpg

I'll see how they fit and look in the old headlight. The center white LED has two levels, low and high beam. If I like the new look I'll use them instead; if not at least I gain more "mechanical" experience.

As you can tell from my first try, I don't have much experience. But we all have to start somewhere. It seemed more of my car experience would transfer over to motorcycles; though for me there appears to be a learning curve.

Back