Led Halo light kit ..

...It does look kinda cool in the dark!! But I have two questions...

a) Is it visible when the lights are on (or)
b) Is it visible in the daylight

...if the answer is no, then what use does it have??? I mean if you can see it only in the dark... then its pretty much useless, cause you obvisiouls cant drive around in the dar with only that thing on!! Some one enlighten me...
biggrin.gif
it's called BLING! It's a pimpcessory!
xblueman.gif

Kinda funny..cause my first bike was an 89 Katana (in 1990)...and I installed two blue LEDs in my housing....it was pretty close looking to this...but without the ring in the center.
Nice look at night if you pull into a parking lot and kill the headlight and have this on while looking ofr a spot.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126693045 -->

I just got the word from Oliver at fendereliminators.net. If we buy ten or more the price is 79.99. Let me know.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Just a heads up, Playaz, the light housing will need to be disassembled !  Once you have remove the light housing from the nose fairing use a  heat gun (commercial type)
post-6-22395-master_heat_gun__.jpg
  and aim it at the base (black lip area just below the transparent part of the lens)  move the heat gun continuously around the base area to loosen up the adhesive holding the upper and lower together. After a few minutes have pass doing this you  should be able to remove both halfs and get bizzy with adding your blingage.
wink.gif

Note : Becareful not hold the heat gun in one are too long on any area of the light housing and pointing away from the clear lens area !!!!

To reassemble= clean both halfs by removing the old adhesive thoroughly and reapply a silcone or you can reheat the old adhesive thats still in the two halfs to the point where its starts to get to a gooey type texture similiar to when you pulled it apart. Once you have achieve this just put the two halfs back together again.  

Pick your poison !  </span></span>

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126722781 -->

Master_heat_gun__.jpg

I just got the word from Oliver at fendereliminators.net. If we buy ten or more the price is 79.99. Let me know.
presuming that none of have this yet....is Rythm correct?

Is this install going to be involve a separation of the glass housing? or is it something that will install via the bulb socket?

this is prolly a big decision factor for most of us...

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126782777 -->

Rhythym is right about this... and I aint too eager to seperate the glass housing!

Count me out of this mates

I have done this mod before with my own personal light housing along with Iceman's a few years ago when we were playing around with Xenon bulbs prior to using HID's back in the day.

Its a fairly easy project to separate the two halfs and I dont believe the company that is selling the halo kits will install them into your light housing.  

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126785567 -->

Like I said be4 I wish I would have thought of this when we had the thing seperated the first time. Im not apposed to seperating it again. Pretty easy. I think I will install my camera up inthe housing when I do it this time.

Rhythm is thinkin of getting one?

JD

Rhythmzzz got somthing else up his sleeve for the light housing.
smile.gif

spoke with them...yes the glass must come apart and the rings get epoxy to hold them.

They will do this for you @ 50.00 fee.
rock.gif

They will do this for you @ 50.00 fee. [/QUOTE]

AAAssjani.gif
Dayuum, they want $50.00 for a ten min jobbr ! If all they are only doing is separating the light housing lens and glueing down the Halo ring, then I'll do it for $35 shipping included for anyone that what it done.

It does look kind of cool. Might be too much of a pimpcessory for me, though.

Dayum $50.00 smakaroos to heat up some glue and then glue in some plastic. I bet they get friggin epoxy all over the inside of shytt too. Hell Ty Ill help you for that matter.

JD

Considering the work that needs to be done my biggest concern would be moisture in the headlight. A very big pet peave of mine. I'll probably not go with this. I dont really know what I was thinkin' my bike don't need no stinkin' leds!!

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126883671 -->

Looks cool, but LED manufacturers always state not to put led lights in headlight housings that have HID's in them, as the heat fries the LED's.

I want to get some HID's....so no LED's for me.

Back