Expensive LED halo / low budget LED halo visual comparo

stangman327

Registered
So I decided to do a little LED Halo visual comparo, expensive vs low budget. Both rings are 80mm in size. The black ring is a RGB light and the white ring is a pure white ring.

The black halo ring is from Sportbikelites which as you can see is sealed in a clear epoxy on the top which would have obvious benefits such as waterproof and shockproof. The back doesn’t have the epoxy coating but the board doesn’t have the exposed LED circuits also the wire/solder points are epoxy coated. The Sportbikelites kit consist of 2 rings the other being a 100mm ring in size.

The white halo ring is from Superbrightleds ($9.95 before delivery) as you can see it is not on the same level as the black ring as far as build quality goes but I’m saying its not any good also the white ring does not “feelâ€￾ cheap in my hand. I guess it would work for someone on a budget.

The Sportbikelites kit cost me about $175 to the door which included the remote upgrade.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo 6.jpg

photo 7.jpg

photo 8.jpg

These are the plastic diffuser rings covers I ordered which will help "blend" the LED lights together and yes the black ring fits with no problem.

image-3586428457.jpg

image-1530961790.jpg

image-2412363778.jpg

you should hook them up and turn off the lights so we can see what the difference is for color and brightness and such things. nice write up and thanks for doing it:please:

As a matter of fact I did get a chance to hook up the pure white ring and it darn near blinded me it was so bright. :banghead: :laugh:

Check out some of the pics on the website and that will give a good example of how bright they are.
AE-RGB series Angel Eye Headlight Accent Lights Specifications

Honestly with them properly installed I wouldn't see a major issue with them though I haven't used them I don't see them being any worse then some CCFL halo rings which are fragile, look at how many BMW's their are running around with blown halo's. By no means am I saying they are junk they are just not as sturdy build as the expensive set is but then one would as does it have to be once properly installed? One good thing about LED halo's I would assume is that only one LED would go out as opposed to the whole ring as long as the main leads are intact.

I guess I'm using the expensive kit for piece of mind but it's always good to have options and that's why I like places like this so people can present unbiased opinions and options about products to each other.

Back