Led Halo light kit ..

grabntwist

The one who started it all
Donating Member
Registered
Hey everyone I was surfin' the net and found these. They are called halo led lights. I think they will give the busa a pretty evil look when parked or with the headlight off. Anyway the company just got the busa kit done and will post pics on their website.

Pricing is around 90.00 bucks with out a group buy discount. I already have a contact person and am working somthing out. I'll probably get one anyway, I just wanted to run it by you guys. Later Grab.

cool.gif

They are definately interesting. How exactly do they work and how long do they stay lit up?

It would be kind of neat. I actually just got my HID kit 4 days ago and am totally loving it. It's awesome.

Not to sure on everything. But they install in your stock headlight lens and run off 12v. Im sure there is a switch to be wired in somewhere.

I wish I would have thought of that when I had my headlight assembly seperated and apart.  Dayum thats neat.

Hellava way to pimp the strip too.  $90.00.  That sucks.  Probably $5.00 worth of LED's too.. Gota admit though behind a 6K or 8K HID that would add some sweetness. Nitrous Junkie has a 12K HID and that is about the same color of blue.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126669720 -->

I wish I would have thought of that when I had my headlight assembly seperated and apart.  Dayum thats neat.

Hellava way to pimp the strip too.  $90.00.  That sucks.  Probably $5.00 worth of LED's too..  Gota admit though behind a 6K or 8K HID that would add some sweetness.  Nitrous Junkie has a 12K HID and that is about the same color of blue.

JD
Ice, how hard is it to split the light housing?

Gota admit though behind a 6K or 8K HID that would add some sweetness.

JD
I doubt that you would even see this with the headlight on.

it would only be usable when the light is off.

yes, there will be a switch involved....or perhaps one to shut off the headlight when the key is on.

by looking at the light pattern......there is a space with no lights...I am guessing that is where it gets "folded" to make small enough to fit in the opening for the bulg....and then springs open to use a pressure type grasp.

then there is the question of the heat output of our HID kits being so close to this device.
it's prolly little more than an EL tape that won't take much heat .... we some more specs on it.

yup looks sweet - would like more info before I commit to a group buy, but most def. intresting

grab...PM me with some contact info....I am close enuf to drive over and get a 1st hand look at it...maybe an "owner's perspective" could be useful.

...It does look kinda cool in the dark!! But I have two questions...

a) Is it visible when the lights are on (or)
b) Is it visible in the daylight

...if the answer is no, then what use does it have??? I mean if you can see it only in the dark... then its pretty much useless, cause you obvisiouls cant drive around in the dar with only that thing on!! Some one enlighten me...
biggrin.gif

Back