LED Halo Rings

Meta title: Malo

bussassin417

Registered
Need help ! How and/or what do I use to keep the halo rings in place ?

Glue doesn't seem like it will "hold" under heat of headlight when on.

Halo Rings - 1.jpeg

Any suggestions or tips ?

No instructions came with them?
How about using a thin sheet of clear film with adhesive backing, and cutting a section of the film with a half inch margin to encircle the halo, then lay it over the halo with the adhesive backing bonding to the inside of the lamp lens.
Or . . . . . .
Did you remove the reflector to get the halos inside there?
And also, the strip cable will need to be routed around the outside of the reflector, NOT through the lamp hole. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
:banana::banana::banana:Thank you !:banana::banana::banana:

Beading wire !!

I knew there was something better than "just" glue. I will make small holes then secure the halos with beading wire. I will also use a small amount of Gorilla Super Glue to help hold them in place. (bottom halo)

Awesome !

Thanks again.

.... to "the depot" !!!

Here's mine. I had SportBikeLites.com do mine (who are still around but I believe got bought out by somebody else). I had them do the bottom first and loved the look. Then I sent the headlight back to them and had them do the top ring also. They advise against it but I insisted they modify it anyway. They told me the top LED ring is too near the bulb and the heat will burn out random LED's which is exactly what happened. The bottom I never had that problem. Still love the look of the mod and will do the bottom ring again. But learned my lesson on the bottom.

I want to know how to make the bottom ring have the lit LED go around in a circle like KITT in Knight Rider. :)

Here's mine. I had SportBikeLites.com do mine (who are still around but I believe got bought out by somebody else). I had them do the bottom first and loved the look. Then I sent the headlight back to them and had them do the top ring also. They advise against it but I insisted they modify it anyway. They told me the top LED ring is too near the bulb and the heat will burn out random LED's which is exactly what happened. The bottom I never had that problem. Still love the look of the mod and will do the bottom ring again. But learned my lesson on the bottom.

I want to know how to make the bottom ring have the lit LED go around in a circle like KITT in Knight Rider. :)

Pashnit, huge fan of you and your tours been following your site for years your like a celebrity in the Hayabusa community btw, okay so now that I got the star struck out of the way,

The circle you wish to achieve can be done with the “chase” led rings. I have them in my truck and can have them go in circles. I don’t know if that is something sport bike lights has but just wanted you to know it is possible.

Thanks everyone for the help and tips !

I now know why shops charge $85 or more to install halos. I also now know why angel/demon eyes projector combos are so popular. They would have been much easier to install. (next time, maybe)

This should have taken two hours, including oven time and drying time. It took me 3 hours.

I'll be doing switchback halo on my SUV next, should go faster with the little experience I now have.

Thanks again, everyone.

Headlight - 1.png

Thanks everyone for the help and tips !

I now know why shops charge $85 or more to install halos. I also now know why angel/demon eyes projector combos are so popular. They would have been much easier to install. (next time, maybe)

This should have taken two hours, including oven time and drying time. It took me 3 hours.

I'll be doing switchback halo on my SUV next, should go faster with the little experience I now have.

Thanks again, everyone.

View attachment 1587506

Wow!! That looks awesome man, you did a great job on that, makes me wanna do the same!
Where did you get those halos from?
How do you switch colours?

The halos were ordered from Amazon. Clink here.

They were $25 for 4 rings, I didn't think that was a bad price.

I'm sure you are more mechanically inclined than I, so the job will go fast.

Here is the video again of the color change function.

Yeah, unfortunately the link says they do not ship to NZ dammit.:banghead:
I'll have to look elsewhere lol.
Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

Back