LED Accent lights - Corny or Not?

yougod

Registered
So when I bought my Busa, the guy gave me a remote and said he wasn't sure what it was and that he thought the previous owner had some lights hooked up to it. Being the curious guy that I am, I start looking around and doing some research. The remote didn't lead me anywhere, it didn't work at first. I eventually fixed the circuit board and got the remote to work. I found a module by the battery labelled EURO EFFECTS EFX. I do a Google search and find out that they do HID and LED kits. The module looks older and it isn't stamped with a part number so I couldn't identify which kit it was. I start tracing wires around and find there are some LED strips on the front and rear. I find the power and ground wires (cut and in need of repair). I proceed to make wiring repairs and fuse it into the battery power and ground. I press the remote button and everything still works. I'm thinking "Great!!" at this point because I figured it out. The LEDs switch colors and I can make it switch faster and slower with the remote. I cannot make it stay one color though.

I'm not one for lighting, I rather think they are corny and for weird old men that don't know much about style. Am I now one of those men? Should I be disconnecting this whole system and getting rid of it? Thoughts and suggestions requested!

Thank you.

love them... I might be biased tho...

20140326_195232[1].jpg

I'm a weird old man and like mine too ! But then again , mine are only yellow and don't change all color of the rainbow like some weird young guy! LOL

Yours looks really good busabeast. Maybe I'm more disappointed because mine switch colors and I can't make it just stay one color.

thanks- have you tried any manuals from the manufacturer? i've found that they rarely change how something operates... like maybe holding down the button or something? it seems there should be a way to hold a color steady...

There's not an identifying part number for me to find a manual. The remote has 4 buttons labelled A, B, C, D. Looks like A turns it on, B turns it off, C makes it cycle slower, and D makes it cycle faster. The slowest setting makes it switch in 1-2 second intervals. Pressing and holding any button doesn't seem to do anything specific.

The module just says EURO EFFECTS EFX on it.

OK.. I figured it out. The A button actually changes the modes. I was able to get it working partially when I took the remote apart again. It may just be battery related because the indicator light was pretty dim for the A button and didn't work all the time. The other ones started going dim and now the remote doesn't work at all anymore. I'm sure that battery is at least 4 years old and I'm going to hope that putting another one in there will do the trick.

I don't like to seen, I like to blend in...I have my reasons.
I ride like I'm invisible anyway, that's the best way to stay alive.
If you like them, there's nothing wrong with them.
Leds are also very eye catching, and can cause idiot drivers to notice you that otherwise would not have.
Beneficial for a new rider.

The legality would depend on the color and location. For example, in Iowa, you can legally have white in the front (resembling headlamps) red in the rear (tail lamps) and amber/yellow all the way around (side markers). Flashing blue and red is a no-no for obvious reasons (not that anyone on this forum would ever encounter them on a ride anyway...). If you are unsure of legality a call to the local PD may be in order, just don't dial 911!

On a side note, I do have them on mine, but I agree the best way not to get hit is to ride like you are invisible, and lets face it, at night when the LEDs would be used...we are!

-D

i always ride like i'm invisible but saying i like lights is probably an understatement :laugh:

DSC_1125.jpg

Don't like them myself. They are too much like spinner hubcaps, curb feelers, dingle dangles around the car interior, mud flaps etc. - bling that isn't needed.

Hey ........ remember a lot of people do this when parked only. I've never been a LED or chrome guy, it's performance for me, ah, yeah I own a Busa :laugh:

But I'm a each to their own guy too, and feel like it's their bike and their money. Some of it looks really nice and the bikes are well done, others not so much. I'm 54 and still have many good years left in me, God willing.

Back