Leaves?  Should i be worried?

crepitus

Registered
i was out riding yesterday and its that time of year the leaves start to fall in big amounts. should i slow it down in the corners because of them?

umm, yes.

I have been bitten by them.

My advice is treat leaves like ice.

leaves can be very very bad... Especially if you are getting really cold at night then warming up in the morning... The frost and moisture build up can be deadly. Nothing worse than wet leaves lurking in the turns. It only takes one little leafy to riuin your day. Be safe.

Worry about them. As BV said, treat them like you would ice. If it's cold and they're damp, they'll dump your ass quick.......

worry about pretty much anything that comes in your path on the roadway. stay alert, stay alive.
biggrin.gif

Be afraid - be VERY afraid. Especially of all the leaf-lookers crawling along looking at all the pretty colors from their cages.

green wet algae .. in x-r0ss gutters .. < weeeeeeeee !!! > 3+ to the rest .... be afraid ... be very afraid ..
wink.gif

Don't forget about painted crosswalks and pavement arrows, very slippery when wet
wow.gif
Also in my neck of the woods, those daymn hooved rats
mad.gif

Yes, be worried. Best to be ready to power slide around every leaf covered turn! Motorcross experience helps!
biggrin.gif

Here in Rhode Island pine needles along with leaves are an added threat.

From about a mile away from my work place right into the parking lot pine trees line the street and lot. The parking lot is completely covered with pine needles.

They are like freakin mini roller bearings.

Back