Beware: Leaves on the roads!

CWCobra

Registered
Riding in the Ocoee/Reliance area in mountains of SE Tennessee yesterday...I thought I was being conservative when I chose my line and speed into a curve... then half way thru, I hit leaves in the road. Rear end felt like it shifted/slid 6" or so to the outside before traction was regained. I did not go down, but it scared me such that I had to pull over and sit for a spell!

WOW! That was CLOSE...scared the goose crap outta me.

Still gives me the willies just to think about it.

Be careful out there!

CW

I was just talking to my wife this morning about watching when I ride as the leaves are out looking for bikes. I am glad you are OK.

Thanks for the post!:thumbsup:

Glad you made out ok

Now if you want to get back at those leaves for scaring you,

I have about 60,000,000,000 in my yard, I will let you rake them up and then you can burn them. That will show them.

No need to thank me. :whistle:

Those can be some dangerous roads, especially this time of year. Glad it worked out for you! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reminder, they are everywhere here in Iowa,
pumkinride023.jpg

You can see from yesterdays ride that there is barely any left in the trees

good save!! and yes, ive also had an "oh Spit" moment this week. I was turning on my street and hit a man hole cover in the rain covered with leaves. that right there was 3 strikes, but the bike is ok .

Glad you made out ok

Now if you want to get back at those leaves for scaring you,

I have about 60,000,000,000 in my yard, I will let you rake them up and then you can burn them. That will show them.

No need to thank me. :whistle:

i also have some leaves that need a lesson taught to them and if your feeling froggy i got a chainsaw with a couple trees begging to be put out of their leaf dropping misery :laugh:

Back