leathers

schroetf

Donating Member
Registered
i need to buy some leathers for occasional track day and general purpose-any information would be appreciated-like what kind-1piece or 2 piece-who should i buy from-thanks----

I prefer 2 peice myself.  I just got a new suit here.  I called them first and got the 2 piece suit for less than the buy it now price.

I also have a two piece that I love because while in the pits (or Restaurant) you can take off the top ! BUT, check your track and see if they REQUIRE at one piece for your type of bike. Some do if the bike is capable of going over 120 mph at the track  
beerchug.gif

ANY leather is fine, most tracks allow two-pieces as long as they zip together ALL THE WAY AROUND THE BODY, not just zip a section in the back.

I prefer two piece also

I love the feel of the 1 piece - try Newenough.com for good deals. Make sureit feels good or you will not wear it.

I prefer two piece it is so nice to be able to take of the jacket...
E

(MPH 200 @ Aug. 10 2007,09:44) I love the feel of the 1 piece - try Newenough.com for good deals. Make sureit feels good or you will not wear it.
+1 newenough.com I use Cortech perforated leather. Great in the heat. Not so good in the cold. 2 piece also for me. Pants are non-perforated and are great in heat and cold.

What about us 6' 6" riders with a 36" waist...any ideas? Most suits that fit in length are far too large in the mid section for me.
argue.gif

Fellas I have a like new $850 alpinestars 2 piece with maybe 3 passes on them,pucks are like new.I'm 6'7 and they will fit a 6'2-6'5 guy perfect.I will ship suit tyd for $575 paypal fee included.Mint.38 waist/48 jacket

(dwnhllthng @ Aug. 10 2007,13:18) What about us 6' 6" riders with a 36" waist...any ideas? Most suits that fit in length are far too large in the mid section for me.
argue.gif
That's the nice thing about two-pieces. Also the opposite is often true, we've got some pretty big guys here, and some of them are pretty buffed up in the table-muscle department!
smile.gif

I know Alpinestars makes short, regular, and tall in pants so you can fit waist AND length, then buy the jacket to match with full-circumference zipper.
super.gif

If you ride the track alot, one peice. For everyday use 2 peice.
I have a new Vanson jacket and perfed pants and I love them both.
More comfy than street clothes now and the feeling of confidence from rugged gear has improved my overall riding.

I use a 2 piece and have tested it too, but you need to check with your local track and see what they require for body armour/padding in the leathers. My feeling is that in this area you don't cut corners and get the same gear someone would be using if they raced in a AMA race!

(Luvanicebum @ Aug. 10 2007,19:43) If you ride the track alot, one peice. For everyday use 2 peice.
I have a new Vanson jacket and perfed pants and I love them both.
More comfy than street clothes now and the feeling of confidence from rugged gear has improved my overall riding.
Yeah... I really liked your two piece... was way heavier than mine.
E

I like my 1 piece Joe Rocket. What ever you do, don't get MotoGP leathers cause the do not survive a crash.

Back