Leather Suit, how should it fit??

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I'm buying my first leather race suit, 2 piece.

How should this thing fit?? They feel like crap when I try them on, do they strectch?? How tight should it be?

What features should I be looking for?

Your input would be appreciated

Toronto, The only advice I can give is get it tight, but allow for under garments such as t-shirts, long sleeved thermal tops. matbe best to try these items on with them at the shop. this is what the shop may suggest. the leather does give after a little while, this way you wont be walking around like you have just S**T yourself. Hope this helps

TO: for your area, with high humidity and temps, you might consider a perforated suit to allow for a little air flow. Also, consider a suit with a removable, and therefore washable, liner. The suit should not be baggy, but should allow for some thermal underwear, as an example, for the cool spring and fall days/nights. If it doesn't have a built in spine protector and you're thinking about one, then it should have either a pocket to insert one into, or room enough for you to wear one (like the Alpinestar's one which straps on). For sure, when you try them on, sit on a bike while wearing it. It should have added protection at the elbows, sides of the thighs, shoulders and rear (all the points that could bang or you'd slide on). The cheaper suits are single stiched, with the better ones double or even tripple stiched. Hope this helps.

Yeah, the suits should be a little snug, you don't want your armor moving around.  To wear underneath your suit, check into UnderArmor They make all sorts of hightech "goodstuff".  They make "HeatGear", "ColdGear", and Loose gear.  Ignore anything loose, a regular cotton t-shirt work just fine.  BUT I am telling you the "HeatGear" Tight compression stuff kicks ass.

The Turf Gear and Heat Gear under leathers will keep you dry and cool.  It's good stuff.  Not to mention the leggings and long sleeves will make getting in and out of your stuff much easier...

UnderArmour

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084046735 -->

if a two peice get a full 360* zipper for jacket to pants and dont forget velcro for sliders.

Picked up my new suit. Thanks for the input!!

Got a Teknic Lightining 2 piece, double stiched, knee pads, full 360 zipper lots of padding I feel like a football player!!

Thanks for mentioning to sit on the bike, that made a HUGE difference in how these fit (before I just kinda stood in a "riding" postiton" not the same!!)

P.S. And the color/colour match is amazing, black with blue and silver/grey looks cool as well
cool.gif

Good stuff, TO.. glad to help.. I also were a Teknic suit.. I like it.  Sure I'd like an A* suit.. next time!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084110466 -->

Picked up my new suit. Thanks for the input!!

Got a Teknic Lightining 2 piece, double stiched, knee pads, full 360 zipper lots of padding I feel like a football player!!

Thanks for mentioning to sit on the bike, that made a HUGE difference in how these fit (before I just kinda stood in a "riding" postiton" not the same!!)

P.S. And the color/colour match is amazing, black with blue and silver/grey looks cool as well
cool.gif
Nice description... WHERE'S THE PICTURES?
rock.gif
smile.gif

I'm buying my first leather race suit, 2 piece.

How should this thing fit?? They feel like crap when I try them on, do they strectch?? How tight should it be?

What features should I be looking for?

Your input would be appreciated
I asked many questions before and after buying mine. Took a little riding for it to figure out that it was made for riding, and riding only.

Great choice on the Teknic.  This is what Toronto is describing:

(Also another shameless opp to post a pic of my Busa  
biggrin.gif
)

I also have the Teknic spine protector on in this pic. The fit should be snug, but not compress your chest.

Enjoy!
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118826264 -->

CRW_5304_small.jpg

I wanna buy a racing suit... but the bastid just dont make it my size!!

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Back