opinions on teknic leathers?

ratedpg89

Registered
was looking at the tecknic 2 piece suits and zip together leathers. i need something for track days i want to attend. any opinions or insights on their quality and or fit and sizing? thanks

I have the Chicane jacket - I really like it. The perforated leather really helps me stay cool.

Gonna get another one next spring (I've lost weight)

I'M ON MY 6TH SEASON WITH THE SAME 2PC. TECNIC SUIT. HAS BEEN A GREAT SUIT FOR THE MONEY. NEVER HAD A ZIPPER ISSUE ONCE

Teknic's great. Ive had Alpinestars, Vanson, and Teknic jackets. Im not gonna bull$hit ya and say there better than Vanson. They do in my opinion come in 2cnd place to Vanson. I had nothin' but trouble with Alpinestars.

I have a teknic jacket. The size runs small. I wear a 48 needed a 52. Got it for a super price at Newenough.com. They have some two piece suits on closeout and also jackets and pants seperate. Paid $99 for my Teknic lightning jacket. They give you the sizing info you need and they are great to do business with. Love my Teknic.

if yer a big guy, venson is the way to go
biggrin.gif

From my experience, the sizes run small (or I'm getting fatter).
I think they do run small. I tried the size 44 that was sized for my dimensions...and putting them on was like putting on those silly suits powerlifters wear. You know, they use those fricken tools to stretch them up and over.
laugh.gif
I ended up with a size 48 that fits me perfectly but the sizes on the chart are way beyond my sizes. Well, over the last couple years I have been putting a little pudge on...but still.
laugh.gif

Anyway, yeah, I agree with everybody here. I love the Teknic leathers I have. I have the Violator series. I've never worn a two piece, but the one piece is just awesome. You'd be surprised at the ease of movement. Just great. No complaints at all.

J

laugh.gif

I have the Chicane jacket - I really like it. The perforated leather really helps me stay cool.

Gonna get another one next spring (I've lost weight)
I have the same leather, and I personally think it's too snug in the upper arms. I'm not a big guy by any means either. I'm 185lbs, and 5' 11". My guns aren't guns, they're more like regular arms with tone. it's the only thing I don't like about it.

Also, my suit size is a 44R, but I couldn't fit into anything smaller then a size 50 Chicane without it being too tight. I'm slender and toned too, I don't have a beer gut, so I think their sizing sucks.

From my experience, the sizes run small (or I'm getting fatter).
I think they do run small. I tried the size 44 that was sized for my dimensions...and putting them on was like putting on those silly suits powerlifters wear. You know, they use those fricken tools to stretch them up and over.
laugh.gif
I ended up with a size 48 that fits me perfectly but the sizes on the chart are way beyond my sizes. Well, over the last couple years I have been putting a little pudge on...but still.
laugh.gif

Anyway, yeah, I agree with everybody here. I love the Teknic leathers I have. I have the Violator series. I've never worn a two piece, but the one piece is just awesome. You'd be surprised at the ease of movement. Just great. No complaints at all.

J
Jason,
What did you have to shell out for your leathers? I want to put them on my "items to purchase....SOON" list. Lil' Help?

Errrrrr.
Shawn

laugh.gif

Back