Launching problem ...

Ragu585

Registered
So just a little info about the bike. Its an 08 Turbo Busa, +12", and strapped. The harder I try and launch the bike the wheel rips off the ground out of the hole. Should I try and ride it out? Problem with that is I don't do wheelies so the feeling of the wheel coming up makes me nervous. Lol. Any ideas?

So just a little info about the bike. Its an 08 Turbo Busa, +12", and strapped. The harder I try and launch the bike the wheel rips off the ground out of the hole. Should I try and ride it out? Problem with that is I don't do wheelies so the feeling of the wheel coming up makes me nervous. Lol. Any ideas?

What is your hp and gearing? Im still learning how to ride with a turbo but its getting faster, have been getting a lot of practice lately and that helps out a lot.

I understand exactly what you're saying, but the fact that you own a turbo bike makes you a little crazy so it's funny to me hearing you say doing wheelies makes you nervous haha

Can it be tuned to run lower boost in first? If not just keep practicing or get used to the wheelies. Mine is lowered but not stretched an will normally launch nicely and pick up the front wheel about a foot when the clutch is fully released then stay there for a bit. Before my busa I had
a gsxr 7/11 and it was a different story, it'd pop up and scare the **** out of me but the busa seems to come up a lot slower. I'm still not game to stand it right up though.
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Actually, that's a good idea. You could try running a 2-stage boost controller so it will only run X amount of boost in 1st

I have an msbc1 boost controller. So 1st gear is only 10 lbs. That's what I'm trying to launch at. The bike makes 314hp on 16lbs. So I have 2-6th set for that. But my problem still remains. The more I slip the clutch the worse my 60's are. When I really try and get out of the hole I cut a 1.6 60' but the wheel comes up and I let off to let the wheel down, then get back in it. My best time like that is 8.9@165. I'm also not a small guy either I weigh 258 not suited and it still pulls me up lol.

Back