launching off a button

knockoutms

Registered
i was considering putting a line lock, 2 step, and mps button on my bike for launching. i have a wheelie bar and a slick on it. just wondering if any one has any tips on how well this works or if it doesn't work. and if so what gearing and rpms are being used

thanks

i would not recommend a linelock on a bike. ive seen these break in drag cars and almost wreck them. a button breaks and the linelock stays on, when you launch and the front wheel is carried for a distance then touches down. that would be real bad.

i would not recommend a linelock on a bike.  ive seen these break in drag cars and almost wreck them.  a button breaks and the linelock stays on, when you launch and the front wheel is carried for a distance then touches down.  that would be real bad.
Most are using the line lock in the clutch line to hold the clutch.

It works, some use the MPS master cylinder that uses air to hold it. That is the route I would take ove the line lock valve in the clutch line. I don't have a clue what rpm they are leaving at. Soundss like 7k-9k from some of the guys I run against. I have also seen a couple use an air ram on the rear brake pedal to keep it from rolling.

yes my button will be in the clutch line. the line lock and the 2 step will be wired in to the momentary button. 8000 rpm is what i've heard people are using. we'll see i guess.

i would not recommend a linelock on a bike.  ive seen these break in drag cars and almost wreck them.  a button breaks and the linelock stays on, when you launch and the front wheel is carried for a distance then touches down.  that would be real bad.
Most are using the line lock in the clutch line to hold the clutch.
gotcha, just trying to keep anyone from trying to kill themselves.

that could get nasty in a hurry

It works, some use the MPS master cylinder that uses air to hold it. That is the route I would take ove the line lock valve in the clutch line. I don't have a clue what rpm they are leaving at. Soundss like 7k-9k from some of the guys I run against. I have also seen a couple use an air ram on the rear brake pedal to keep it from rolling.
Talked to Scott Sober, runs in Pro ET, and he prefers the air over hydraulic. Leaves off the button at 7500 on a good track and 8500 on a great track. There is a fella here in Wichita leaving at 10K on a Busa. We think he's nuts.

i know scott sober so i'll have to talk to him, i run with him and jimmy lane on their zrx's. Jimmy brought me down to the pmra for the last 2 months and i won the last pro et event. leaving at 10000 does sound crazy! and again what airbox mod is everyone using? (need help)

thanks

I ran all this season with a line lock, flow control valve, two-step, and delay box.  It worked really well for me this year.  Getting it setup to slip the clutch just right took a few races as the weather around here was such that we only had 1 short day of practice before the season started.  I ended up winning the point at Terre Haute and coming in 2nd in points at Indianapolis (even missing 3 races and having the setup time too).  I also won 2 $1000 races with this setup.

If you are wanting to purchase the stuff, I have steel braided lines that go from the Clutch lever to the rear tail section (where I had the line lock and flow control) and then from the tail to the slave cylinder on the front sprocket cover, line lock, flow control valve, and DRL300 for the launch limiter.  I ended up switching to a slider clutch so I have no use for the hydraulic setup anymore.

MPS sells the line lock and flow control for $169 and I think I paid $100 for the 2 lines, new banjo bolts with AN fittings, etc, and $133.20 for the DRL300.  Make me an offer, and we will see what happens.  Don't worry about offending me, we can work something out.

Back