Laguna Seca other events and Hi-lite\'s

Went to the races on Sunday and the ride there was dull,no Hi-performance sports car to race on Hwy 101 like I did last year going to the races.Got into the tracks and it suck parking on the island near the Ducuti bikes cost $10,last year it was free.Yes this year $40 for advance ticket and $10 parking if you want to park on solid road instead of the grass area. Walked around and did not meet anyone from LaBusa's site or this site. Talked to my friend's dad and he said he met a fine gentleman in the PadDock area on Thursday who was racing a Hayabusa in the extreme class,anyways my friend's dad hung out with the crew and rode around on the track with the racer in a truck to check out the track since Thursday had a slight rain and the track was wet.My friend's dad did help with the posting of times when the racer went around the track and he would like to thank the racer for his time and letting him help out and hang out.Sorry I did not get the racers name and I hope he hangs out on this site.Bad scene one of the racers crashed and snapped his spine when landing on his head at turn two on Friday,the guy is brain dead.I prayed that god would fix this guy and that his brain signals would show up on the doctors monitors.I believe the doctors where waiting for the family to give them permission to take body parts to save other people.The riders name is Jamie Bowman and was told that he was a good guy and good person.Sorry for the sad side of the racers. Good side talked to the guys from PIT BULL Stands and like always they had open arms and great welcome to everyone. Great guys/company and thanks for the T-shirts guys and was nice to see that you had the color spool to match my Hayabusa. Seen two Hayabusa on the parade lap,a Copper/silver on the first wave/group that circled the track and a Red/silver on the second wave that circled the track.Talked to the Suzuki Reps about the GSXR-1000 and was told until they see it in person they have no more information. The Rothwell riding /show was great but I was told that the guys from the Las Veges extreme was better and this comment was given by my friends who went to Sears Point and seen the extreme guy do all these tricks wearing only jeans and tennis shoes and normal clothes.The air show by the dirt bike riders where great,they where flying over this camper,must be at lease 40 ft jump or higher,great show.Left the track on the last race of the day since I did not want to get in traffic leaving the track.Did ride down the hill with a Blue Hayabusa with flames and the rider had a Modesto licence plate holder, custom helmet with his name on the back DINO or something like that.Leaving the track had to cut in front of the Yosh truck with the Hayabusa label painted all over the truck,sorry guys the truck in front of you was going to wait a week before turning left into traffic and with all those CHP officers standing around instead of helping out with traffic, I guess they "CHP" get payed after the races are over and that is when they do their stopping of traffic.As far as the races it was good and all those racers were really enjoyable to watch. Speed vision should have reruns of the race and you can see how your favorite rider did.Hope all the riders from out of state made it home safe.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 10 July 2000).]

Back