KTM's new Superbike 1190 RCB

2hip

Registered
Yesterday while I was drooling around the dealership I spotted a bike I have never seen before. It is the brand new KTM 1190 RCB...Superbike. The owner of the store said, "It ain't for sell. There are only 5 of these in the USA right now." Doesn't that just make you want one even worse? googled it and there is almost no information in English yet. Plenty of articles in German. But I can tell you it is one serious looking piece of hardware. Made my nipples rock hard. This bike is a large twin and is designed to go after the big Ducatis. One of the google searches showed that Miller Barber racing schools has committed to using this bike at his racing schools. Store owner said the bike is right around 20K...ouch...There is some really trick, high end track gear, on this bike. It also has a very unusual exhaust system that is built into the bottom of the bike. The bike also has some very sophisticated fuel management system techniques for dealing with sensed wheel speed versus gear speed..not sure how to phrase that so mr biscuit doesn't jump my case...just joking mr biscuit...i know you have issues..we all do:rofl: 2hip

Sport Rider had a spot on it in the latest issue. It got pretty good reviews for the guys there.

Kinda fugly, but knowing KTM, it'll probably romp!

These were all posted in Nov of 2007 so maybe old?

ktm_rc8_profile_l.jpg

Last edited:
I am pretty sure they were giving test rides on the RC8 at the IndyGP race..... to be honest I never made it over to the demo area, but it sure looked like they were taking some laps around town.

Back