New toy arrived ;) KTM 1190 Adventure R

c10

Registered
Little me on a 1190. Actually belongs to a good friend of mine. He picked it up @ a good going through a Divorce Price from previous owner. Only 7000 miles on unit.
Picked GPS lock in 13 seconds it was only key that he did not get.
Mods to do fuel tank sock filter mod
New tires / chain / sprockets / fluids all /
Battey / clean up electrical add ons.
Then go for a long ride :)
Bike to be going to Colorado for a long trip.

Messaging1544373035459.jpg

Messaging1544373044749.jpg

Messaging1544373026949.jpg

DSC_0573.JPG

That is a monster!
How tall is your friend ? He must be pretty large to appear in place on that bike. How is the power and such on there?

That bike would definitely complement your Harley and busa.

Yeah I know.....:banghead:

It was tempting for sure!!! Had all the goodies already on and Ready 2 Go :beerchug:

I’m waiting to see the FTR 1200 and KTM790 AdventureR in person. Then I’ll probably make a decision. That 1090 is a BIG bike and I’m not sure I want to settle and have another big bike in my garage and those other bikes come out in the spring and I have Buyers remorse

The next bike I get is gonna be my last for a while so I’m not gonna compromise or be persuaded to settle for a good deal. I want to get exactly what I want

I just came back from a little test ride ;) Ill note 1st before anyone says a thing I ride a little hooligan like at times especially on fun bikes . The owner of this has sent me across country to pick up bikes for him , and all in the Houston ride group know what my ride capabilities are . The jokes last night at our annual Christmas party that c10 was going to let you know how it Wheelies . Gary many years ago brought over a new KTM 690 , and said if you can get on it you can ride it . Mistake as we wheelied off into the sunset :)

Thanks for the ride, C10! I felt like I was sitting pillion lol. Team orange makes a heck of a machine.

Reactions: c10
So what did you think of the 1190 after riding it?
It's alot of fun. Now this bike is full on farkled out with dongles / Rottweiler airbox and power adders, full Remus exhaust, and power commander V. I would get into some trouble with this bike :) handled well for hard knobie tires. It did step out a few times.
I had previously made a run and it was drift happy.

Looked like a hell of s fun ride, guess Texas has no helmet law?
Definitely a torquey SOB, at first it sounded 2 stroke until I realized it was the camera vibrating lol :confused:

Back