Kiwi Busa owner in New Zealand

There can only be one Kiwi....

....just kidding lol. Welcome to the Org.

Lol ... the great thing about Kiwi is that we only live in Aotearoa New Zealand but some migrate and forget to return home. And even though there's quad-million of us, we're all different colours, sizes and special. Being nocturnal, territorial and long-lived, we mate for life ... and some of us ride Busa'

The PC I referred to is a dynojet Power Commander, it's a fuel injection controller. Many bikes have them or something similar added on after purchase, it allows the user to change aspects of the engine electronics for better performance.
Hmm, work for a professional ...

Welcome along to Busa Central!
As Cantab suggested, you are better off without it, they can cause more trouble than they are worth, especially the cheapo Chinese ones!
If you have a '99 or '00 model they are not necessary at all as those two models were never timing advance restricted in the first place.
Re the rear seat . . sounds like the cable is disconnected from the latch, I've been there done that too, get a large screw driver and wedge it under the side of the seat and lift the side of it high enough to be able to see the catch, get another long screw driver and push the latch across to free the catch on the base of the seat that's engaged in the latch. It should pop off, mine did. Good luck!
Your bike looks good, no decals and been repainted by the looks, aftermarket rotors too, how many kms? What year model is it?
Post more pics if you can and give us some sorta story about yourself, you know, number of bikes, history etc.
What's your location? Both Cantab and I are in Canterbury.
Enjoy the oRg !

This seat is grieving me: three hours and still can't get in, may need to go under the tail ...

Lol ... the great thing about Kiwi is that we only live in Aotearoa New Zealand but some migrate and forget to return home. And even though there's quad-million of us, we're all different colours, sizes and special. Being nocturnal, territorial and long-lived, we mate for life ... and some of us ride Busa'
That's what us Aussies already know about Kiwi's , except I didn't know about you all hooking up on your first sexual experience !! :rolleyes::):thumbsup:

That's what us Aussies already know about Kiwi's , except I didn't know about you all hooking up on your first sexual experience !! :rolleyes::):thumbsup:

All in good fun Aussie
1553300816279.png

No joy with the seat today. Tracked and tracked the TRE and not as easy as 'pulling a plug' as wires crimped to 'I would'nt have a clue' ... also, removed the 6 plastic plugs that are holding the side panels to the under-tail carriage however, somethings not budging so will have another go tomorrow. Anyway, took side panels off and raised the tank, which allowed me to have a gander at what I've got. Adjusted the chain and took it for spin and ... sweet as!

No joy with the seat today. Tracked and tracked the TRE and not as easy as 'pulling a plug' as wires crimped to 'I would'nt have a clue' ... also, removed the 6 plastic plugs that are holding the side panels to the under-tail carriage however, somethings not budging so will have another go tomorrow. Anyway, took side panels off and raised the tank, which allowed me to have a gander at what I've got. Adjusted the chain and took it for spin and ... sweet as!
Your tail section is all one pieces(the painted part, not the fender liner underneath it), so there is no “side panel”. The tail section won’t come off, until you get that latch to open. There are bolts under the rear seat/solo cowl that hold the tail in place. Watch this video after the 3:30 minute mark and you’ll get an idea.

Last edited:
Mabupa, thanks for the vid, I've got a better idea of the latch at 5'27" and unless I've jammed it or done some damage, should be able to get under and flick the latch tomorrow. Cheers.

Mabupa, thanks for the vid, I've got a better idea of the latch at 5'27" and unless I've jammed it or done some damage, should be able to get under and flick the latch tomorrow. Cheers.
Cool deal! Glad the video helped you get a better idea of what you are dealing with. :thumbsup:

Hmm, work for a professional ...
Installation is three wires and some Velcro, and it may well have one already... A custom map (as the tables they use internally are referred to) is indeed best left to a pro, but we can talk you through getting yourself up n running.

Back