Coast New Zealand

Johnnie Phatt

Registered
Tonight we learn about the Tuatara. A lizard that survives I a fenced off area called Cape something that is privately owned. It has a ten kilometer fence to keep out cats dogs and assorted rodents

Then there is U862 that fired the only shot actually in New Zealand's waters off of Napier. Worst off it was almost the end of the war Fortunately it didn't hit anything Kiwis are so darn creative They are experimenting with a cage with holes of various sizes attached to the end of the net. This way they only catch what they are after and smaller fish escape unharmed

I have one tatooed

20190423_202407.jpg

An old thread but a relevant post...

I watched a show on New Zealand last night called "Flying Hight will Phil Keoghan" and he travelled around New Zealand using various air craft and boats...He visited Sam Neill (Jurassic Park) who has a large vinery...

Phil Keoghan is originally from Christchurch and he showed us around it including file footage of the quake..

He visited a shepherd who uses drones and VR to herd his sheep around and check on them.

Pretty interesting show.

Really would love to go back one day! I was a kid when we lived there and I just didn't appreciate what I was seeing and experiencing at the time.

Back