Kitchen Update... marble done!

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
wow, what a project (hard to stay focused on mostly) but I got all the backsplash goodies done and grouted today.. it aint perfect by any stretch but thanks to the help of Twotonevert and a few others, i got through it in one piece.. I thought the grout would be the easy part...heck no...

DSC_0003-4.JPG

DSC_0002-5.JPG

DSC_0005-4.JPG

So, all new appliances, flooring, countertops, sink/fixtures and backsplash.. all that is left is paint and hang the microwave.. (I got someone coming in to plumb the exhuast so the recirc thing is toast)... Yea!!! My realestate guy said I gained more value than expense on this one.. "whew".. total for all the work was under 4G...

funny after 3 years here, the kitchen feels like home finally... :laugh:

On to the Bathrooms I say!

Al Bundy

Al about Refusing Sex to his Wife at the End of "Thinnergy" (102)

Oh honey, that again. Come here a second will ya, let me tell you something. Now just 'cause I don't go to bed with you, doesn't mean I don't love ya. I mean, let's face it, even if you were beautiful - like that girl on TV - I'd still ignore ya. 'Cause your my wife!

Last edited:
Nicely done...

Now take a hint from me. I did marble on the kitchen floor.
Everything stains it.... and we used the correct sealer recommended by the tile store.

I wish we had gone with something else.

Randy, that looks awesome. Job well done my friend. Is Karen happy with your work?

and when you're done with the bathroom.......OVER TO MY HOUSE....my kitchen needs to look that good !!! :super:

Nicely done...

Now take a hint from me. I did marble on the kitchen floor.
Everything stains it.... and we used the correct sealer recommended by the tile store.

I wish we had gone with something else.
only the backsplash and I used a "professional Grade" sealer before grout.. I will add another coat or 2 before I put the kitchen back online :) I heard about the staining.. I was surprised how soft marble is when cutting..

Looks Great.......:thumbsup:

Great job, man of many talents.:thumbsup:

Very nice work, love the diamond design in the middle :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, learned a lot and expanded to the start of another skill set.. long ways to go, the guys that do this for a living got some hidden tricks..

Randy, that looks awesome. Job well done my friend. Is Karen happy with your work?
still in Detroit.. wont know till Sunday :)

and when you're done with the bathroom.......OVER TO MY HOUSE....my kitchen needs to look that good !!! :super:
where is the shiny butt emoticon?? :rofl: start working, the guys here got all the answers when you hit a tough spot.. you gotta have the patience to make it right :) but hey, you buy the beer.... :whistle:

Very nice, great job and color choice! No kidding about the grouting...to me that's the hardest part.

OMG.... you know what I wanna do looking at that 1st picture dont you? :whistle: I'll give you a hint. You can use either hand.....:laugh:

OMG.... you know what I wanna do looking at that 1st picture dont you? :whistle: I'll give you a hint. You can use either hand.....:laugh:
dammit man took me a bit to figure out wtf you were saying... :rofl:

thanks all... was a true learning experience.. This "home improvement" stuff looks a lot easier than it really is but do-able..

you have any "before" pics?

ya know they do that on the home make over show :laugh:

Back