Bad night

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
So 2 weeks ago I bought a water softener for my house to get my ol lady off my back. I installed it 2 weeks ago and everything was working fine. Well tonight I lost all water in the whole house. So I had to call into work and try and fix it. Started tearing apart the plumbing and found out everything was plugged. Finally after 3hrs I got water to both tubs and kitchen sink. Only got 2 sinks left to fix. Well here's some pics.

ForumRunner_20120708_235102.png

ForumRunner_20120708_235115.png

ForumRunner_20120708_235131.png

your water softener has a deionizer in it and its supposed to have water passed through it and its not supposed to come out of the container, DO NOT DRINK IT!!! flush the lines good because if you dont you will wind up sick as a dog, i had a Reverse Osmosis system with a DI in it for my saltwater system and that stuff is great for filtering but bad for drinking. It drops your particulates in your water when used as a filter like most systems use it but its bad for you to ingest.

card16969 said:
your water softener has a deionizer in it and its supposed to have water passed through it and its not supposed to come out of the container, DO NOT DRINK IT!!! flush the lines good because if you dont you will wind up sick as a dog, i had a Reverse Osmosis system with a DI in it for my saltwater system and that stuff is great for filtering but bad for drinking. It drops your particulates in your water when used as a filter like most systems use it but its bad for you to ingest.

OK won't drink it.

Those appear to be little beads which means whatever retains the resin bed let go.

Return the softener for another but keep in mind the people working there most likely didn't design it, build it or even own stock in the manufacturer.

I would also drain and flush the water heater too. And don't forget both inlet screens on the washing machine.

Back