A great way to start the new week...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So it's 2:30am and I am in the garage working on some projects and I get up from the computer to go do something and I step in water. Hmmmm did I spill my water bottle, I get to looking closer and there is a pretty wide little stream running across the floor, more than a bottle could make. I follow the water to the footing and notice water running out of the sheetrock.. Ugggg I ran out to the water meter and of course it's buried in dirt (makes me wonder how they have been billing me since they can't see the meter numbers) I dig it out and turn the water off... I guess first thing in the morning a call to my ole buddy Terry to come and check it out and fix it...

cap.

It is a lil bad start, but hopefuly the rest of the week will make up for it. I hope you can get everything fix right away.

The leak sucks. My meter is same way , buried under two feet of sand.
There is no way they actually read it .
I called them and asked and they said my bill reflects an estimate of the average usage for the neighborhood I live in ?

Hopefully your house isn't on a slab Cap. On the meter reading...you can do little things like put a small rock or a coin over the numbers and see if they stay there after he reads it. When I first started working at the water/wastewater Dept. I read meters for 7 1/2 yrs. I loved putting the rocks and coins back just like I found them. :laugh: You have to remember that water meters are in the ground and if it rains or whatever everything goes in there. A good meter reader only needs to see a very small area of the meter to read it.

Dang it Cap! Whats in that wall? Not the washer dryer. The main house valve? Is it behind the laser?

that's not a good surprise! hope it's an easy fix :beerchug:

Dang it Cap! Whats in that wall? Not the washer dryer. The main house valve? Is it behind the laser?

Yep in the garage right behind the laser.... No water anywhere around it.... Its either coming from the slab or from the outside faucet and streaming down the footing....

Either way I am fixing to cut a hole...

Well 2.5 hours later and 5 holes in the wall and its fixed. Was a line from the main to a wall spicket that was broken under the house... I just capped that line, I have 2 yard hydrants so I never used that faucet anyway, I'm blaming the earthquake on the break, its PEX and only 6 years old so something under there broke it..

Now I have to go fix holes in the sheet rock...

watching you poke holes in the wall..... 1 well its not here... 2 not here uugg... 3 not here ...... sheet... 4 not here..... darn, poop, crap... :tantrum::wtf::pullhair::duh::cursin:

watching you poke holes in the wall..... 1 well its not here... 2 not here uugg... 3 not here ...... sheet... 4 not here..... darn, poop, crap... :tantrum::wtf::pullhair::duh::cursin:

Had to find out what line it was that was leaking under the slab, no way to know unless you start to cut lines off and see which one is dry....

Are the holes big enough for Uncle Steve to jump his bike thru them? :laugh:

Hate to hear that, but I'm glad you found the issue and it was minor in comparison to somewhere else in the house.

Hate to hear that, but I'm glad you found the issue and it was minor in comparison to somewhere else in the house.

yeah could have been a big deal... Once again I came out better than I deserve...

Definitely could've been worse. I had a friend that was away on vacation and received a call from a neighbor that a stream was pouring out their front door and down the street. :banghead: They had to end vacation and come home to a complete disaster. They found out later a water line had broken and it had been flooding their home for several days.

Glad you got it fixed. :thumbsup:

:rofl:

Good thing you were up late Laser-in or it coulda been much worse

Back