Any boat gurus here???

CraZyNOTRT

Registered
its a 83 merc blackmax 150- just replaced all the wiring and hoses.

so i replaced the impeller in the water pump, took it to the lake, and started up, water started shooting out the top exhaust ports and nothing was coming out of the water outlet and started over heating was shut off fast. so i droped lower unit and repositioned the copper pipe that comes out of the water pump, and put lower unit back on, now there is a stream coming out of the water outlet, boat ran for 20 mins and did not over heat.

now the questions
the stream is not steady at low rpms, just kinda spits out water.

mid - high rpms stream is steady

also there is water spitting out of the top right side exhaust port and never noticed before.

is this normal, i never really paid attention/noticed this before.
or should i just not worry about it because its not overheating?

I found this video of one at idle and it takes a few sec. but it has a steady stream. What are you using to get the water in the engine? As for the water spitting out of the top right side exhaust port. I wouldn't think that is normal but I don't know this engine. What is the water coming out of? Is it a hole or does it look like it blew out a gasket?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is with the boat in water, I believe is the right side idle exhaust is spiting out water a little bit. at idle the normal water out let is shoting a broken steam. but mid to high rpms stream is steady
Posted via Mobile Device

Back