KING KONG Clutch setup for the Busa(MTC)

Frank Adams

Registered
This mod needs it's own topic in this forum so I copied & pasted this from a topic earlier today.

<<The new clutch mod that I'll be (and everyone else that want to be serious about going fast) using is the "MTC multi-stage lock up clutch".If anyone with half a brain has any idea what this clutch can do for their bike in the going fast department, will own one SOON!
(No disrespect with that comment intended)

Tony Lang(MTC) and I spent about an hour discussing some things I'm working on for the "members on this site".

Everyone that orders one of these MTC multi-stage lock up's and uses my name(frank adams) will benifit by doing so. And No I'm not getting a free one either, just trying to get everyone to jump to the next level.

It has to start somewhere...>>

Details and how this clutch setup works are coming soon.

If your into wanting to go faster, then you might want to stay tuned.

This will be the grand daddy of them all!

Note* A picture of this setup IS NOT on dragbike.com.

[This message has been edited by frank adams (edited 15 August 2000).]

No disrespect rpolishing but the MRE does not even come close to comparing to the MTC Multi Stage.

They are two totally different setups.

(MRE) One is old school and the other....

(MTC) Is the next level in street/drag bike racing!

You'll probably have to understand how it works to know what I'm talking about.

This setup will work just like any other clutch mod on the market but when it comes to launching the bike, well thats were you'll see that your investment was money well spent. ;)

VERY WELL SPENT!

mtc use a billet inner basket that eliminates all the stock back torque limiter etc.and also uses the steel buttons on the weight arm contacts areas on the pressure plate like the other ones he's made do.

Dennis, this is not a snow flake setup like the other ones.

This setup is not pictured in the dragbike.com pics!

Let Me get all the details on this system first and you'll understand that it's a must have....for the racer.

Spazman, What did you get that fixed your chatter? How much does it cost and where can I get it? I have spent $550.00 on my clutches and they still chatter badly!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

It doesn't get any better then this!

MTC multi-stage lock up clutch
Each arm represents one stage of lock-up adjustment. Arms are controlled by stall spring, thus allowing the mechanic flexibility in determining the RPM each finger will start applying clutch pressure. In addition, an arm can be adjusted to release clutch pressure at maximum rated torque your engine produces, thus keeping you motor at maximum efficiency with each gear change.

I've been working with Tony Lang at MTC and he has agreed to give a discount to the members of this site when they use the name "frank adams" when ordering!

This clutch mod will take street bike to the next level, and this ones made for the Hayabusa.

*NOTE* This Multi stage Lockup is NOT pictured on the dragbike.com page! And, this is not a snowflake type lockup. It is a totally different setup.

It is a "must have mod" for the fast guys.

You will now be able to launch your Busa with ease, and maintain a 1.30's 60ft time!

Even the worst rider will look good at the track with one of these setups in his/her Busa.
Just dump the clutch and GO! (talk about consistantcy?!)

The mod works with the "welded or unwelded" STOCK Basket!

I've talked about A LOT of Busa mods over time but this is the Grand Daddy of them all...

After you set it up you'll be able to launch your bike at ANY rpm and not worry about wheelies or tire spin.

Your Busa will drive normal on the street with no change.

The Multi Stage clutch is 10 times above any snowflake type lockup out there!(ask motorhead!)

Just like everyone else, you have to send your clutch cover for welding. The multi stage also requires your pressure plate so they can install your new setup.
There is a 1 week turn around on all mods.(Big deal, it's worth the wait!)
Or you can check with "cyclestuff" he should be stocking these soon.

I have spoke with a number of well known people in the motorcycle industry and they've all agreed that this will take the Busa to the next level without a doubt.

(For the record...I will be paying for mine just like everyone else)

One more detail:

You will not have to cut any of your lower fairing to support this mod. The cover remains behind the fairing untouched.

MTC (321)636-9480 Steve or Tony

They will not give any discounts unless you use My name when ordering(frank Adams). This was setup so the members of the Busa sites will only get the discount.

Frank

The cost is under $700.

Thats really good compared to what you get for it.

Richard, if saw & talked to Tony then you know how this clutch can help the Busa perform.

Tony needs your pressure plate and clutch cover.(thats all)

Frank: I just called MTC. I did not get the name of the guy I talked to but He said 3 week turnaround time and that I also had to buy thier inner hub for 415.00. He said that it will not work with a stock busa hub and I mentioned that I had the brock mod and he did'nt know about that. I want one but I need the strait facts. Who at MTC should I talk to?

Booost, are you talking about having a coupling on your current cover? They will modify your cover if thats the case, just let them know ahead of time.

Boosta, I just spoke with them at MTC and the problem was that Tony & I put this together on weds evening after Steve left. Steve was also off on thursday and he had no idea what was up. He has a line on it now...

All that needs to be sent is your stock pressure plate & clutch cover.

Tony is doing a batch of Multi Stage setups this monday(they wont last long!)so you will not have but twos days down time if you red label. Otherwise it may be a week or two??

His problem is that he doesn't have that many plates and covers in house. Thats why it makes it better to send your stuff then.(asap) And if you send it you wont have to pay a core charge.....

I want one! Can you explain to me exactly what parts I need to order. On the site they also sell a "housing". Do I need this?

Is it difficult to adjust the coupling to my bike? As I have a turbokit i suppose it has to be adjusted special for this.

I called them yesterday and spoke to
tony and he said the set up would be
1,060.00 for the multi stage set up
send the pressure plate and clutch
cover. or regular two stage was less.

Back