Kinda tough to take you guys on a photo tour of my hood

#1. If I can ever be of assistance to yer Unc and Cuz let me know. :thumbsup:
#2. Riding here is still awesome for sure.
#3. Many movies and TV shows get filmed up here.The exchange rate on the US vs Can. dollar has been a huge draw for movie companies for years.
You can even get "walk-on" parts sometimes. They pay well. Rubb has never bothered. They filmed one or two at my job,University of Victoria.
#4. Last sighting...Kiefer Sutherland,late at night, drunk as a skunk staggering out of a downtown watering hole. Entertaining for sure.
Rubb.

Cool....I will keep that in mind.

I watch "Stargate Atlantis", the writers were awesome it was well written, I know it was filmed in BC but probably more in the interior somewhere.

When I was posted to Toronto, they filmed lots of shows in North York, I saw a few celebs myself, Bruce Willis, Cameron Diaz, Meagan Markle...actually talked to Mr. Willis, we were out doing morning PT and he had a good chat with us (there were around 50 or so of us). Nice guy.

Cool....I will keep that in mind.

I watch "Stargate Atlantis", the writers were awesome it was well written, I know it was filmed in BC but probably more in the interior somewhere.

When I was posted to Toronto, they filmed lots of shows in North York, I saw a few celebs myself, Bruce Willis, Cameron Diaz, Meagan Markle...actually talked to Mr. Willis, we were out doing morning PT and he had a good chat with us (there were around 50 or so of us). Nice guy.

Awesome Bruce is cool. Years ago in Hope BC,few hours east of me they filmed one of my favs First Blood with Stallone. That was '82. LOL.

Pics and some history about the place.(yesterday's ride)

First stop the downtown park.Nothing like the park in NYC or anything,but we do the best we can being Canadian and all. :laugh:
Its a quiet little park,takes yer mind away for a while.I will be taking my Covid Cabin fever suffering roomate down there today,she loves to feed the ducks.

No,yer not allowed to shoot them/eat them,even in these desperate times.
No turtle soup either.

There are ton's of islands that surround my islands,some with a cool story.
One such island had a wolf living on it solo for years.He swam out there and took up residence. No cariboo to be had for dinner so he dined on seals.
Island wolf

Apparantly there have been satanists running around here for years.Close to the spot I took this photo is a graveyard said to be the spot where this person said she was taken to by these devil worshipers. The book/news spread across the world causing huge krap. Read about it here if interested: Satan here in town

Up here ^ in this photo in the middle on the beach is a bunker left over from Fort Rodd Hill. Built in case the Japanese invaded Canada during WWII. Sorry for the crummy shot,road to get in closed for you know what.Me and my 300mm lens did the best we could. Read about it here if interested. Cool place

Here is an interesting spot on the waterfront drive.Folks come here,well the dumb ones when the weather is real nasty.They park their cars here and let the waves wash right over them. :crazy: Nothing like getting salt water in every crevise of yer ride. Its good for it right? :thumbsup:

Oooo crummy pic. Should'a used the flash. LOL.

Next up,a marina that was home to one of the premier whale exhibits around. San Diego and other spots now put it to shame. Interesting side note. We had a whale named Tillicum. Not a bad guy except for his penchant for attacking his trainers.Not his fault if you ask me.Should we really be keeping killer whales in captivity? For our amusement. Anywasy read about Tillicum in a bit.Front story: They took the sperm from Tillicum and shipped it all over the world where his unique charachteristics were soon discovered. His offspring liked to kill and hurt trainers..."Go Tillicum Kids"....I know,not funny. The read: "Killer" whale

I used to play here as a kid. No sign of kids today,thats a good thing[Covid] Then I brought my kids here to play on the giant concrete structures. Only ones around today were 4 cops. They didn't stop to say hi.:(

Get my weather from here...old technology,but trusty. I think they forecast by some very incredible means....
"Hey Joe" "Ya Bob" "Will you look out the fuggin window and tell the folks what its gonna do today!"

Well todays forecast LOOKS AWESOME,check it,long range talk at you later,time to tear the tire off.:race:

...cool pictures and info...

Probably not many other Busas around there either...

You'd be surprised. I worked as a tech for three years at the local Suzuki shop and was shocked at how many 'Busas came through. You'd think a Hayabusa would be wasted in a place where you rarely get to upshift into second gear (actually, it is) but there are lots. I chalked it up to two things: firstly the big Navy base in Esquimalt brings folks from all over Canada to the Island and they bring their cool toys with them, and secondly, we're only a ferry ride away from BC's interior network of expansive and scenic roads on which the big Bus thrives.

Having said all that, I only ever saw one Turbo'Busa though. ;)

You'd be surprised. I worked as a tech for three years at the local Suzuki shop and was shocked at how many 'Busas came through. You'd think a Hayabusa would be wasted in a place where you rarely get to upshift into second gear (actually, it is) but there are lots. I chalked it up to two things: firstly the big Navy base in Esquimalt brings folks from all over Canada to the Island and they bring their cool toys with them, and secondly, we're only a ferry ride away from BC's interior network of expansive and scenic roads on which the big Bus thrives.

Having said all that, I only ever saw one Turbo'Busa though. ;)

View attachment 1616838
Makes sense...especially having the Polly-Wog base there....

Not many pics for you guys today...everything is closed for bidness.
Even God is not working...kiddin' folks of the faith.Just the local houses of worship are closed.I shall pray for us at home. There is a bike in the basement that wasn't there before,perhaps Rubb can make a new playmate after/if Covid subsides. Even St.Andrew's was closed,I hope thats not a little sign of fate for me. Andy.

The parks are really "Crack-in" down...

Had my own beach/lake to enjoy...

IMG_3344.JPG

Back