Kinda new here

I joined this site a while ago (check my join date for the exact date) after meeting one of the Kansas City members, GSXcite. That was when I had my Blue and white GSX-R 600. I was working a job that allowed me tons of time to peruse various bike forums.

I admired the Hayabusa, but didn't care for all of the hype associated with the bike.

Back in October 2009, I came home from work and found a black and orange 2008 Hayabusa in my garage. It had balloons on it and a note from my wife.

I already own a black and orange 2007 GSX-R 1000. My plan is to keep both. I'm only afraid I'll fall in love with the Busa and forget about the 1k.

I've run with some 1st gen Hayabusas in the past, and I was never blown away by their power/acceleration. This bike seems very different.

This bike impresses me with it's power in the upper digits and above parking lot speeds, this bike's heft is easily hidden.

This bike seems to rev out much quicker than what I'm used to, and it makes good power when my 1k is just getting starting in the rev range. It's been weird getting used to not revving the hell out of this thing.

Even in plain old factory trim, this bike gets as much or more attention than my slightly modfied 1k. I'm very unsure about what exhaust it'll get. Some friends of mine are planning a trip this April-I'll be on the new booty.

Here are some pics:

AJ

Can you please clone your wife's attitude? and send me a copy on jump drive so I can have my future gf/ wife study it? lol. Congrats on your stable
Posted via Mobile Device

I joined this site a while ago (check my join date for the exact date) after meeting one of the Kansas City members, GSXcite. That was when I had my Blue and white GSX-R 600. I was working a job that allowed me tons of time to peruse various bike forums.

I admired the Hayabusa, but didn't care for all of the hype associated with the bike.

Back in October 2009, I came home from work and found a black and orange 2008 Hayabusa in my garage. It had balloons on it and a note from my wife.

I already own a black and orange 2007 GSX-R 1000. My plan is to keep both. I'm only afraid I'll fall in love with the Busa and forget about the 1k.

I've run with some 1st gen Hayabusas in the past, and I was never blown away by their power/acceleration. This bike seems very different.

This bike impresses me with it's power in the upper digits and above parking lot speeds, this bike's heft is easily hidden.

This bike seems to rev out much quicker than what I'm used to, and it makes good power when my 1k is just getting starting in the rev range. It's been weird getting used to not revving the hell out of this thing.

Even in plain old factory trim, this bike gets as much or more attention than my slightly modfied 1k. I'm very unsure about what exhaust it'll get. Some friends of mine are planning a trip this April-I'll be on the new booty.

Here are some pics:

AJ

:welcome: AJ....to say you have a kick azz, loving wife would be a serious understatement. That is completely awesome! :bowdown:
Your Busa will fit in w/ your Gixxer 1K...just give it some time and you will see each has there place.
As far as being unceratin about what exhaust to throw on her....your going to get a 1000 different opinions on which is best. In the end it really boils down to personal preference. I see you have a full M4 system on your Gixxer, that's a great system! Any reason why you wouldn't consider going w/ them again for your Busa?

Sure, get a busa then move away from KC. :laugh: We get together with the members over there often. I hope you will join us for a ride sometime.

PS: Don't pay attention to what GSXTacy says. His dad dropped him on his head when he was little.:whistle:

:welcome: AJ....to say you have a kick azz, loving wife would be a serious understatement. That is completely awesome! :bowdown:
Your Busa will fit in w/ your Gixxer 1K...just give it some time and you will see each has there place.
As far as being unceratin about what exhaust to throw on her....your going to get a 1000 different opinions on which is best. In the end it really boils down to personal preference. I see you have a full M4 system on your Gixxer, that's a great system! Any reason why you wouldn't consider going w/ them again for your Busa?

I'm not concerned with which is best really, just which one sounds the best to my ear and is relatively cheap. It seems all of the Hayabusa exhausts are more expensive than the 1k exhuasts, and there's no real good reason why. I'm usually kinda slow to put an exhaust on a bike.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of full systems, and I'm a slip-on kinda guy. The slipons I see are as expensive as full systems or they're scant little megaphones- not my thing.

Actually that's an M4 slip-on (or half system). I really like it. I ordered the cheaper GP exhaust, and they messed up and sent this one (more expensive), I kept it since I like the sound and look of it better. It's pretty raw sounding.

I don't care much for the M4 slip-on exhaust options for the Gen 2 Hayabusas. If they made the exact same product for the Busa, I'd be on board...

Can you please clone your wife's attitude? and send me a copy on jump drive so I can have my future gf/ wife study it? lol. Congrats on your stable
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I got to find a 50 gig drive! Its good to hear confirmation of how good I've got it!! I'm blessed for sure. We try to take good care of each other- her jewelry box is proof of it, I suppose.

AJ

Back