Kinda new here

AD Johnson

Registered
I joined this site a while ago (check my join date for the exact date) after meeting one of the Kansas City members, GSXcite. That was when I had my Blue and white GSX-R 600. I was working a job that allowed me tons of time to peruse various bike forums.

I admired the Hayabusa, but didn't care for all of the hype associated with the bike.

Back in October 2009, I came home from work and found a black and orange 2008 Hayabusa in my garage. It had balloons on it and a note from my wife.

I already own a black and orange 2007 GSX-R 1000. My plan is to keep both. I'm only afraid I'll fall in love with the Busa and forget about the 1k.

I've run with some 1st gen Hayabusas in the past, and I was never blown away by their power/acceleration. This bike seems very different.

This bike impresses me with it's power in the upper digits and above parking lot speeds, this bike's heft is easily hidden.

This bike seems to rev out much quicker than what I'm used to, and it makes good power when my 1k is just getting starting in the rev range. It's been weird getting used to not revving the hell out of this thing.

Even in plain old factory trim, this bike gets as much or more attention than my slightly modfied 1k. I'm very unsure about what exhaust it'll get. Some friends of mine are planning a trip this April-I'll be on the new booty.

Here are some pics:

AJ

1014092338a.jpg

:welcome: Back!

With a few more miles on her, you'll understand why all the hype and why we love this bike!

Well at least your wifee has good taste and knew what the fastest color is! You definitely will understand the hype once you spend some time ridin' her.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess I've always shyed away from this bike due to it's reputation as "the biggest and baddest" bike in factory trim. I've always liked underdogs, or best kept secrets (like my old STi).

There's nothing "all that impressive" (relatively speaking) about a guy who's the fastest in a group and who happens to be riding the biggest and baddest bike in that group. But, a guy who wrings the neck of an "averagely" fast bike and can halfway keep up with the guys on the 1000CC+ bikes, he's an impressive rider and he also has a ton of fun doing it.

I really enjoyed giving the bigger bikes hell with my 05 6ixxer. On straights they murdered me, but I loved seeing and hearing those things tearing ass past me, and it was awesome seeing the looks on their faces as I quickly caught up with some of them. It's not as much fun being in the front of the group...on either of my big(ger) bore bikes.

And honestly, a large number of the guys I used to ride with/around talked **** about 1ks, and talked even bigger **** about 600s and 750s. The majority of the **** talkers were on Hayabusas and a lot of them couldn't ride worth a damn (especially if the road had any turns). I never wanted to appear like I was jumping on their ******* bandwagon. If all Hayabusa riders were like the members here...

I don't mean to take anything away from these, bikes...cuz let's face it we're all in this due to a great appreciation of speed. And before anyone gets the wrong idea, just because I say wringing a bike out is fun, doesn't mean I'm not going back to a 600 or 750. I just got to get friends with faster bikes...

...:thumbsup:

AJ

You've been stung by the 'busa needle, yo.

It's addictive.

:welcome: to the family!

GSXcite (Hal) is good folk! :beerchug:

nice bikes :thumbsup:

i had a demo on a 1k and was impressed with its handling but felt it lacked a lot in the roll on in top gear stakes. The Busa seems to spin up quickly but of course is penalized by it's weight but both would be great to have in anyone's garage.

Back