Kill switch mandatory on new cars from 2026

mark3evo

Registered
Coming to drivers in the US more controversial Bill
How police and government can immobilise your car remotely - they say it’s if vehicle is unsafe or a drunk driver. Where will this end , unable to leave your future 15 minute city

I'm sure sanity will prevail, or hope so anyway.

In the end it will be OK, if it's not OK it's not the end.

In New Zealand, you don't have too far to go, once you leave your 15 minute city, right? Especially if you go East - West, right?

I read earlier this morning that our government at least is mandating auto makers to have controllers installed to stop speeding...

And they have also mandated it to be non-rewriteable and locked.

Let's hope that doesn't become a reality.....

Having a "kill switch" for the kind of use described makes sense to me....it would negate high speed chases and other such things.

Different function, but sort of related. When I was estimating smashed cars, it was not unusual to find that emergency responders had cut the battery cables (to deactivate the air bags I presume). The problem was that some of these where part of a larger, more expensive wiring harness.

Different function, but sort of related. When I was estimating smashed cars, it was not unusual to find that emergency responders had cut the battery cables (to deactivate the air bags I presume). The problem was that some of these where part of a larger, more expensive wiring harness.
That was our SOP when I was on the volunteer FD....

It was to try and avoid a fire from an arcing battery......and to disable the airbags...

1) I'm sure sanity will prevail, or hope so anyway.

2) In the end it will be OK, if it's not OK it's not the end.

3) In New Zealand, you don't have too far to go, once you leave your 15 minute city, right? Especially if you go East - West, right?
1) In the eyes of the insane leftys it IS 'sanity' to have a Govt that controls every facet of your life.

2) In the end it WILL be OK as you said . . . . Natural justice will prevail with the return of the King. (of Kings)

3) I'll fill you in on the geographical nature of where I live in NZ . . from ChCh city (East coast) to Greymouth town (west coast) it takes around 3 hours 30 minutes driving at the speed limit (60mph) . . . . but going north to south is a different story, around 10 hours driving.
BUT on a Busa a 15 minute city becomes a 5 minute city lmao!

1) In the eyes of the insane leftys it IS 'sanity' to have a Govt that controls every facet of your life.

2) In the end it WILL be OK as you said . . . . Natural justice will prevail with the return of the King. (of Kings)

3) I'll fill you in on the geographical nature of where I live in NZ . . from ChCh city (East coast) to Greymouth town (west coast) it takes around 3 hours 30 minutes driving at the speed limit (60mph) . . . . but going north to south is a different story, around 10 hours driving.
BUT on a Busa a 15 minute city becomes a 5 minute city lmao!
LOL, been there. Did some cycling over there, the competitive ones we peddle. Your paving back then had a bit of a rough top for our thin little tires at 120psi, the vibration was almost enough for one’s teeth fillings to fall out.

But you live in a real pretty place.

In the end over here it will be OK, as I am pretty sure it will fail to be implemented.

i digress, i never realised NZ also had a similar Canadian Truckers against the mandatory vaxx

i never knew that until today - that news was suppressed in the UK
Yes we had a very strong ‘freedom convoy’,
We also had a convoy of farmers that headed for the Beehive Wellington (govt central) to join the protesters against the mandates that had camped up outside the govt buildings for over a month.
It does not surprise me that the UK media suppressed that, it was a very dark time for everyone.

I read earlier this morning that our government at least is mandating auto makers to have controllers installed to stop speeding...

And they have also mandated it to be non-rewriteable and locked.

Let's hope that doesn't become a reality.....

Having a "kill switch" for the kind of use described makes sense to me....it would negate high speed chases and other such things.
You know, us humans are very creative, if there’s a will, there’s a way to get around any sort of a kill switch, example: here in NZ we have alcohol interlocks put on vehicles owned by covicted drink drivers, driver has to blow into a mouthpiece fitting before the car will start ( has to be sober)…. What does the drinker do to get around this?
Goes out and either buys another car or borrows a car from someone, when there’s a will there’s a way.

You know, us humans are very creative, if there’s a will, there’s a way to get around any sort of a kill switch, example: here in NZ we have alcohol interlocks put on vehicles owned by covicted drink drivers, driver has to blow into a mouthpiece fitting before the car will start ( has to be sober)…. What does the drinker do to get around this?
Goes out and either buys another car or borrows a car from someone, when there’s a will there’s a way.
For sure, I know of people who simply used someone else to blow in the device and drove anyway...

The difference with these forecasted devices is they will not need any human contact to do their thing......and if they are embedded into the ECU or a sub ECU, they will be hard to defeat by the hackers.

As far as a convicted DUI driver using another vehicle that is next to impossible to defeat and if caught, that convicted driver deserves everything they get.

Back