Kickstand differences ?

Notenoughtoys

Registered
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Gen 1 & Gen 2 kickstands ? I lowered my bike a bit and want to purchase / modify a used (ebay) stand and keep my original just in case I decide to go back.....
I searched the site history but found my find a definitive answer

I don't know but they both suck. By far the biggest (maybe only) design failure on the Busa.

Strangely enough mine works just fine, I think almost all side stands have the ability to suck.

I've had my old Katana roll off it's sidestand once...Ever since that costly mistake happened with that uber rare bike, I am very picky about how I deploy any sidestand now. I never take it for granted that the bike won't roll off it.

Ninja 650 stand is hollow ,and much lighter .
Simply relocate spring post ,foot post if you can cut / weld .

20191227_195355.jpg

Well now that I’ve received and unboxed my ‘donor’ ebay kickstand I completely understand why C10 mentioned the above - this thing is an absolute boat anchor....... Prime candidate for at least a couple lightening holes I’m thinking, but a tubular one is definitely going to cut the weight substantially. In the meantime I’ve cut out 3/4” and hit it with the first prime coat. So much snow out here right now I’ve got some time to rethink things before I do the swap.

I notched my kickstand arm as the stand didn't swing forward enough and these bikes have a tendency to roll off the stand.

yeah man a very good idea

that´s what we, here, do to all busa

this little action definitely makes the busa a lot more secure against a tip over by, so to say, "rolling over" the stand
and
for an additional securing the busa on its kick stand
my strong recommandation were,
whenever you park the busa, (or any other bike)
to use the kickstand only
with 1st gear in and havin´ pushed the busa against its motor brake (after releasing the lever ;) )

by that the chance to "roll over" is reduced to a minimum ;)

I check every kick stand as soon as the busa is on my lift and i genrally grind this approx. 2-3 mm deep notch, if it is not already there - no matter if gen1 or 2. (b-king? sorry, no clue - i never had that on my lift yet)

Back