Kick Stand

Thanks for the quick replies boys. I did a test the other day, standing beside the bike on flat concrete and pushed it forward gently, sure enough that sidestand just started to fold up. I like the idea of scribing it first, I'll do that, and I have lots of grinders and a dremel as well as files of all sorts so I'll get those notches done today, certainly before I take it out again.

I'm new to the Busa but it's my understanding that all the Busa's (Gen1, 2 and 3) suffer from kickstand issues? I know that I have issues with my Gen 3 kickstand and I'm always double checking it. Anyone else have issues with their kick standing folding up a little too easy, close drops or actual drops?
I'm new to the Busa but it's my understanding that all the Busa's (Gen1, 2 and 3) suffer from kickstand issues? I know that I have issues with my Gen 3 kickstand and I'm always double checking it. Anyone else have issues with their kick standing folding up a little too easy, close drops or actual drops?
Mines fell the other day smh 50 miles 2024 sad day I have it on video it should be a recall

I have a video I am trying to get out there of my gen 3 50 miles falling there is no reason I should be coming home to use a grinder on a 20,000$ bike RECALL

Mines dropped
Mines dropped I have it on video trying to get it out there so people can see it

I have a video I am trying to get out there of my gen 3 50 miles falling there is no reason I should be coming home to use a grinder on a 20,000$ bike RECALL
This mod was necessary on the other two generations as well...Suzuki used the same frame but obviously didn't listen or look at the countless complaints about this issue....

So if there's one thing Suzuki has mastered, it's stubbornly going its own way, ruling out any mistakes and ignoring the customer. The Japanese only admit to making a mistake when there are serious accidents or damage to the company's image. It's easy to install a weak, poorly developed part for 25 years. I don't want to know what kind of trim parts they've been able to sell over the last few years! ;)

Thanks for the quick replies boys. I did a test the other day, standing beside the bike on flat concrete and pushed it forward gently, sure enough that sidestand just started to fold up. I like the idea of scribing it first, I'll do that, and I have lots of grinders and a dremel as well as files of all sorts so I'll get those notches done today, certainly before I take it out again.
Is it not supposed to fold when the bike goes forward with the stand down?

It's supposed to support the bike and not allow it to roll forward. I have 4 bikes here and the busa side stand is the only one that doesn't angle forward A LOT. Go check out the angle on any other stand and you'll see the issue.

Mine has a pretty good tilt as it is. Some don’t and they need the ‘fix’. On level ground everyone should drag the bike back a half inch or so after leaning it over onto the stand. I try to never park facing downhill but when it’s required I’ll place it into 1st and then push the bike (into gear) so it stops. Then the side stand comes down. No dragging backwards in this scenario as it would defeat the purpose of pressing the bike against the gear. Simply parking with the bike in gear w/o doing this won’t help anything.

Mine has a pretty good tilt as it is. Some don’t and they need the ‘fix’. On level ground everyone should drag the bike back a half inch or so after leaning it over onto the stand. I try to never park facing downhill but when it’s required I’ll place it into 1st and then push the bike (into gear) so it stops. Then the side stand comes down. No dragging backwards in this scenario as it would defeat the purpose of pressing the bike against the gear. Simply parking with the bike in gear w/o doing this won’t help anything.
I do this as well. My 04 VTX died not have this issue and neither does my Harley, actually, the Harley stand will not fold at until the weight is off if it.

Is it not supposed to fold when the bike goes forward with the stand down?
Just to elaborate a bit more, on a bike where the stand is angled forward a fair way orward, the bike will actually have to 'stand up' a bit in order for it to roll forward when left unattended. This is the physics behind the design so to speak, any forward motion must overcome the vertical weight of the bike that is pressing down on the stand.

Back