Keyless Gas Cap

Too many idiots out there who like to mess with stuff for me to get one. Looks good though.:thumbsup:

I think people fear too much. If someone wants to put something in your tank, they will find a way. Why not lock the axles so someone doesn't loosen the rear axle?

I think it's funny how people worry about a non-locking gascap, but will install quick release seat and fuel tank bolts no problem.

Great mod! I put a imilar one on my bike. Gotta love EBAY.

standard.jpg

My bike is very very rarely out of my site when not in the Garage. And even though I am only 5' 9" 165 lbs God help the SOB I see messing with Misty. Be like the Tazmanian Devil on Bambi.

I think people fear too much. If someone wants to put something in your tank, they will find a way. Why not lock the axles so someone doesn't loosen the rear axle?

I think it's funny how people worry about a non-locking gascap, but will install quick release seat and fuel tank bolts no problem.

thought I was like alone on this :) figure if I was going to jack a guy, I would take the 15 seconds to remove the $180 Pazzos, another 20 seconds for the $400 Rizoma mirrors, 10 seconds for the $750 corbin seats (and take the pins too) :)

heck I think I would rather they messed with my fuel.. its cheap..

Now if I can figure out getting the Magura's :whistle:

Last edited:
if they are anything like the old vortex caps.

don't make them tight

they will be an absolute pain to remove

and if they are non vented, they will vacuum lock your tank and starve your bike of fuel.

I was interested in chroming my gas cap but its like 90 bucks. I can buy a new one for that and sell my original. Does anyone have any unique chrome gas caps they can post a pic of. Possibly a custom, not too thrilled with the 3d ones.

I've used a Vortex gascap for 3 yrs now. Most people that even look at the cap can't figure how it comes off, let alone open it. I agree on the overtightening it, but I never had a vaccum problem with starving fuel. All you have to do is grease the threads once a month or so to prevent galling.

I've used a Vortex gascap for 3 yrs now. Most people that even look at the cap can't figure how it comes off, let alone open it. I agree on the overtightening it, but I never had a vaccum problem with starving fuel. All you have to do is grease the threads once a month or so to prevent galling.

does it have a small hole on it somewhere?

I heard somewhere that after awhile they added a hole to make a vent.

Gas cap has got to vent and it's gotta lock. I like the stock cap b/c it also keeps me from having to find a place to put it during fueling.

The vent tubes on the rear of the tank is what keep things vent so you have fuel flow. You still have to slowly unscrew the cap to vent some pressure, you'll hear it start hissing. The stock cap does the same thing when you turn the key. Once you know the drill of using a non-stock cap, your fine.

Last edited:
Back